Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Mattlantis - The Lost Blog!

Since President Obama is there I guess it's still open!
I love when I walk in here to do the blog and I have no idea what I am going to blog about. And then I begin my ending a sentence in a preposition. I usually take notes throughout the day prior and turn those into blog gold much like the way our bodies turn waste that it can break-down into liquid into gold. So today's blog is going to be liquid gold I can just feel it coming. I had better hurry and get it flowing before there is too much pressure on my creative bladder.

I was at the post office (USPS) Saturday morning and I have to say that if our local post office is any indication of how most of the post offices in the country are run I am not surprised that the USPS is having financial problems and fearing going out of business. I, like almost everyone in the world, have had many customer service and retail jobs through high school, college, as second jobs and just after college when we're trying to land that first "real job." Some people work retail jobs all of their lives. The people at our post office must have stepped right into the USPS job right outta the womb because they do not have any sense of urgency in getting the people in and out they are just slow and emotionless and not very helpful. It's like the Hall of Presidents from Disneyland when I was a kid is the new employment agency for the USPS. The only one with any emotion was the lady who appeared to be in charge Saturday who was running around yelling at all the patrons acting like she was in charge of the investigation of a train crash. Does the Hall of Presidents still exist? If those animatronic presidents are still looking for work I think I know where I get get them jobs.

Cha Cha and I recorded the Dirty Laundry Podcast last night and I will edit it and get it up for your pure joy and elation later today. That will give you time to get caught up on past loads if you are behind - not like it's a running series that you cannot start with any load (episode).


The Golden Globes were on Sunday and I didn't see them because I was working and I haven't really heard much about them but this is probably where I would talk about them so I decided to talk about not talking about them. I did see some clips of Ricky Gervais as host. I was excited that given his cutting-edge hosting last year that they decided to let him host again this year. From what I saw, and remember I didn't see the show but just a few clips, it appeared to me that they let him be the host with the understanding that he wouldn't be quite as funny (meaning not lampooning the celebrities as much) as last year. I think it's great when people can laugh at themselves and it was apparent last year that most of the celebs have just as shallow egos as we have always thought. All they do for a living is play pretend and we adore them and they are paid millions of dollars for us to watch. It's kind of ridiculous if you think about it. We all play pretend every day in our lives; I do it five days a week writing a blog and once a week on the podcast and it helps me escape for a bit and hopefully brings a few minutes of joy to a very intellectually superior group of a few people - YOU. That's all they do too. They are no better than you or I (well, you at least) and we take crap from people every day so why can't they take crap from Ricky Gervais on our behalves once a year? Imagine what I'd have to say if I had seen the show.

This morning as Fabio was getting ready to leave for school there was news coverage of the cruise ship that capsized in Italy. I am not sure if capsized is the proper term but it tipped over in the ocean. It wouldn't be worth even mentioning it here other than Fabio is going on a cruise with a friend and his family over Spring Break to the U.S. and French Virgin Islands. I didn't have time to talk to him about it this morning but I will make sure I do that tonight when he gets home from school to see what he is thinking. I don't think it will be that big a deal to him since he heard that one of their stops is going to be Atlantis and he has wanted to go there since he has been one. I don't think I will talk to him about the real (or is it?) Atlantis and how it is thought to be at the bottom of the sea somewhere.

I think I am going to go back to bed for a little while before I start with the podcast editing. I don't have to work today which is nice considering I am exhausted. I hope you have a great day and remember it's Tuesday already. I'll let you know when the Laundry is ready. Thank you for making time for me today - you are the reason that I do this. I seriously don't think I would do it if you weren't here and I do enjoy doing it; you're kinda like my shrink and maybe I help you a little too.  TTTT...MITM (out to slumberland hopefully). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment