Thursday, January 5, 2012

Sight, Weight & Reunions/Unions!

I never thought to check the dog for my glasses
I love when I sit down to write the blog and I have no idea what to write. Sometimes I have nothing to blog but I blog it anyway.

I have always had really good eye-sight but with age, like it seems to with most people, that has changed a bit. Hey, why do we call it eye-sight but we don't call it ear-hear or nose-smell? Anyway, I still have really good sight but small words or writing in a poorly lit room have become to look like scribbles. My rods and cones aren't rodding and coning like they used to. I suppose they have been on the job quite a few years and many of them have retired and with the budget cuts and rod and cone crisis they have not hired replacements and are working on a skeleton crew. Anyway, I have been relegated to be one of those people that wears reading glasses (just magnifiers really) when I read. I look like Santa Claus with the glasses on the end of my nose so I can see the stuff I can see without glasses and the stuff I cannot with glasses. So, I have lost misplaced another pair of glasses. I used to try to help Cha Cha find her glasses and wondered how somebody could lose their glasses all the time but now I am one of those glasses-losers that I used to wonder about. It always struck me funny to see people who could not see without glasses looking for their glasses - the irony was never lost on me but now the irony IS ME! I guess I am going to have to get one of those beaded necklaces so I can keep my glasses around my neck like a 1930's librarian but first I have to go get some new glasses today.

Supposedly Justin Timberland proposed to Jessica Biel. I am a big fan of love and I hope this works out for them. They both seem very nice but if they do get married I put the over/under at 3 years. I hate to be cynical about love and marriage but for some reason marriages either doesn't work in Hollywood or maybe some people just do it for more press. I wish them the best and I hope they help to rid my of some of my cynicism. I heard Russell Brand and Katey Perry are getting divorced but my sources on this one are a bit shaky....unless this proves true then my source's stock goes up considerably! Buy low!!!
Speaking of Hollywood break-ups I also heard that Van Halen, with David Lee Roth, are performing together at a small New York club tonight. I was invited but I have to work so I had to pass on the invite (okay I wasn't invited and I probably would have called in sick had I been - allegedly). There are even rumors that they are planning a 2012 concert tour. I will pass along details as they become known to me.

I am hearing all of the stories about all of the newest and trendiest diets since the new year began. I was very heavy as recently as about three years ago and I know what worked for me. People ask me all the time, "how did you lose all the weight?" I respond that I did it the way they told us that would work for all of these years; I ate properly and exercised. I recently stopped eating properly and didn't work-out as much as I should have and the pounds started creeping back on me. Portion-size and food selection are huge (no pun intended). I used Weight-Watchers on-line to get started but then stopped and did it myself after I figured out what I always knew already but that helped me be focused. As far as working out I just started small and then as I started seeing results I pushed a little more and then more... I know this is a big time of year for people to try to lose weight and I write this for you who are trying that and for me so I can remain focused in my goal of losing thirty pounds by summer (15 of which I had already lost but somehow it found it's way home to me).

Okay, if I can see well enough I think I am heading to the Meyer store in St. Charles to get a few pair of new "cheater" glasses. They have a great selection and most of them are less expensive than any other ones I have seen. I think I will pick up some Lean Cuisine and Weight Watchers frozen dinners while I am there too. Have a great day and good luck with all of what you wish to do today and beyond! TTTT....M@ITM (out to try to "see" the world close-up)!

No comments:

Post a Comment