Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Gayest Blog in America (not that there's anything wrong with that)!

Mr. Winter Snow Advisory Warlock!
We are under a WINTER SNOW ADVISORY! where does the winter snow advisory fall in the realm of snow warning? Blizzard Warning, Blizzard Watch, Snow Warning, Winter Advisory, Snow Watch, Chance of Flurries? I am not sure of the order!

Why every time it is going to snow in the MIDDLEwest is it such a big deal? Most of us have lived here our entire lives and it still seems like a huge surprise to the radio and television stations when it snows in the winter. I would be more concerned if it didn't snow in the winter. every winter I always ask myself, "why do I live in the MIDDLEwest?" Maybe I just hate moving that much. And now maybe it's because it's a bad housing market. When the market improves I will have to come up with another excuse. So, anyway, it's snowing and we're all surprised and I sure hope we survive.
Why (I have so many "whys" today) does it seem like the majority of professional drivers smoke? I am talking about bus drivers, taxi drivers, limo drivers... I passed two gas stations with the parking lots full of buses this morning while the drivers waited for their next age-group to be picked up for school. Outside of each of these gas stations was about 10 - 15 drivers with their neon yellow and orange vests smoking. What is it with driving that a makes the drivers want to smoke? Drinking I could understand with the bus driver thing but I guess they say smoking relieves stress too right?

Have you seen Dolly Parton lately? She is doing a bunch of publicity for her new movie - I don't care what it's called so I am not even going to Google it. People are saying things to her like, "I can't believe you're 65-years-old you look so great." GREAT??? She looks like Jack Nicholson in the Batman movie with Michael Keaton. I think she should have gotten a different plastic surgeon after the last one messed up her naughty pillows. She seems nice but it's okay to be a nice old lady who looks here age.

I heard that we now know "officially" what the "gayest city in America" is according to the U.S. Census Bureau interviews. I worked for the U.S. Census Bureau as an enumerator and based on the surveys that we performed I don't know how this could be determined. There was a question on the survey that asked the people to decide how each individual within a residence was related to them and the only choices that could possible be construed as homosexual are: "other relative," roomer or boarder," housemate or roommate," "unmarried partner," or "other nonrelative." None of these, however, specifies that either of the people are homosexual. "Unmarried partner" could mean Starsky and Hutch were gay...I guess they did live in Bay City which was probably San Francisco so maybe that's a bad example. If they had been cops in SALT LAKE CITY, UTAH the show would have made so much more sense. I am sure the Mormons love that their big city is the "gayest city in America." The next census, if I remember, I am going to try to get everybody in town to say that we are all gay. I want to live in the gayest city in America but I don't plan on moving to Salt Lake City. Do expect me to miss all of this WINTER ADVISORY stuff? What's the most heterosexual city in America? What's the most bi-sexual city in America? Why do we have to break things out this way? Incidentally the other top ten gay cities in order of gayness are: Orlando, Cambridge Massachusetts, Fort Lauderdale, Seattle, Ann Arbor, Minneapolis/St. Paul, Knoxville, Atlanta and Grand Rapids. San Francisco isn't even in the top ten anymore.... very disappointing!

I am very tired and I am thinking that I will have to shovel the driveway before I go to work tonight so I think I had better get some sleep. Thanks for stopping by here to keep your tooties toastie while the weather is getting frightful - - Salt Lake City here I come! In case you didn't get the memo yesterday...the new Dirty Laundry Podcast is loaded for fun. Have a great day. TTTT...MITM (out to the lad of nod so I can be rested to wrestle with old man winter later on) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment