Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The Glaze of Glory!!!!

They misspelled Matt again!
Happy Tuesday. Are you impressed that I actually know what day it is? If it's not Tuesday forget that I said anything. Sorry I didn't blog yesterday but it was a crazy busy day of doing things I hadn't planned on doing and not doing things that I did plan to do, like sleep. It's funny how someone else's actions can dictate how your life may change even if only for a short while. I don't want to say much about that because a great deal of this week's Dirty Laundry Podcast is about exactly that and though I like to steal thunder now and again it isn't prudent to steal one's own thunder since that really isn't stealing if it's already your thunder in the first place. The new show will be up later tonight and there is thunder about why that isn't completed too...I eat lightning and crap thunder. I am excited that we have some new artists / music labels that have allowed us to play their music.

I just walked all over the house looking for my little blogbook that I take notes of seemingly good ideas for the blog. I couldn't find it anywhere so decided to come on back in here and start to try to remember things as I typed and when I came back in here the notebook was lying right next to the keyboard. Yes, I know it was probably always here but I'd rather believe that there is some kind of blogvine intervention or a blogspiracy that just put it here while I was looking for it elsewhere.

Albert Pujols leaving The Cardinals is still weighing on my mind. I have felt bad knowing that he will be out there having to try to get by on only $240,000,000. Doesn't he realize that $150,000,000 in St. Louis will go farther than $24,000,000 in Los Angeles? But now more details of his contract have been made public and it turns out that he also gets four season tickets to every home game of the Angels for the next ten years because he couldn't afford that on his measly salary.... sorry I just got a call concerning the issue I have been dealing with for a couple of days right there that I haven't told you about because it's gonna be on a podcast that isn't quite ready yet. Okay, now where was I? In addition to the four season tickets for the next decade, and I guarantee they are not crappy seats, he gets: a hotel suite for all road games, a luxury suite at the ballpark for his Pujols Foundation for charitable events, "the right to buy a luxury suite between first and third base for all home game..." Wait a minute - a luxury suite "between first and third base?" Are they saying that he gets a luxury suite right on the pitcher's mound? I believe that's what is smack-dab in the middle of first and third unless they are talking figuratively and meaning ON second base. Also by the time he is done he could possible be making up to $268,750,000 based on incentives like: making the all-star team, MVP, play-offs, World Series, winning a Gold Glove, Silver Slugger... I sure hope he's able to make it out there all alone in La La Land!
They're delicious!

We had free Showtime this past weekend. They make it seem like a big deal when they give you a "free" weekend but they are probably really just doing some kind of maintenance and the channels have to be open and they want to make like they like us. I know they try to sell the channels during this time but with the crap they had on there this weekend I doubt they sold much. Whenever there is a "free" weekend like this I go through the whole weekend's guide and set the DVR to record things that we might like to watch later and over this entire weekend I think I set the record button for only three or four things.

Hello my name is Indigo Montoya Matt Helser and I have an iPod addiction. It was Angry Birds and Texas Hold 'em for awhile and now it's Netflix and Breaking Bad. Music and podcasts are on continuous loop on Roz II except during movies and/or music. I am not eager to give up this addiction so I guess I will not. It's more of an Obsession For Men than an addiction so never mind I am not giving it up. No interventions welcome!

I was listening to someone talk to me the other day (IT WASN'T YOU) and I started day-dreaming. Why is it day-dreaming even if you do it at night? Maybe because night-dreaming would mean you were asleep? Anyway, as the story grew longer and longer and more boring and more boring I felt that feeling when you feel like your eyes probably have a weird film on them that we refer to as being glazed-over. Aren't you glad that that "look" of glaze is on the inside and the person you are glazing-over to cannot see the glaze? It doesn't happen to me often because for the most part I am genuinely interested in what people have to say and I am an active listener but there are some times with some people that my eyes become giant Krispy Kremes.
Glazed TTFN!

Okay, I had better wrap up before you get glaze on your keyboard or iphone or whatever you read this glaze of glory on. Have a great day and hopefully the podcast will be up tonight though I am pretty confident that it will be. TTTT....MITM (glazing out!)

No comments:

Post a Comment