Thursday, January 19, 2012

A Long Time Ago in a Blog Far Far Away...

Maybe I am a corporate shill so what?
Apparently iTunes' issues with me have been resolved and we are a couple again. Load #44 of Dirty Laundry Podcast is up. I am glad that we didn't break-up but this little misunderstanding has made me appreciate iTunes more and I realize I could not live without her/him. I will be on my best behavior for at least a week or two. If you haven't heard the show this week please listen because we just cracked the top ten in our category again and I would like to make it to number one again. Thank you for your support

I am writing today's blog on my iPod again as respect to Apple for not breaking up with me.

I heard that Kodak is having financial difficulties and Hostess may be going out of business soon. I am sure Kodak has been having problems ever since the digital camera boom has begun as their main industry seemed to have been film. When is the last time you used film for your camera? It seems like they just sat back and watched the rest of the industry pass them by. They should have been on the cutting edge of converting photos into videos or something. They need(ed) to come up with another new product that will revolutionize the photography business. It's easy to say but not always easy to do. As far as Hostess I am sure most of their business has declined because of the movement toward eating healthier and Ding Dongs and Twinkies don't really fit into the equation too much. It's like my entire junk food-eating picture-taking youth is coming crashing down around me. I suppose the next thing will be bell bottoms and leisure suits will go out of style...then what will I do? Do you think the Ding Dong snack cake came first or the slang for male genitalia Ding Dong came first (no pun intended but recognized)? I really hope that the snack cake originated first because if they called it that after the other was called that I am surprised that they lasted this long (no pun intended).hey aren't Ho Ho's Hostess too? I have heard the Ding Dong referred to as a Ho Ho sometimes too....what is it with Hostess and their foods being used as genitalia slang?
How will we know what to call our naught bits?

Yesterday I asked a trivia question about Happy Days and if I don't answer it now I will forget. I asked, "what television show did Happy Days spin off of?" I think I put it here before so most of you should have know that the answer is Love American Style! I am just testing your cognitive recall skills.

Supposedly Jennifer Aniston is pregnant. Before the rumors start floating out there, and you and I both know that they will, I have not seen Jennifer in person for at least two years. I would swear to that in court and I am prepared to do that if that is where this is headed. I had the same worries when Selma Hayek and Victoria "Posh Spice" Beckham were pregnant. I do not want to relive those nightmares so I want to squash those rumors right now.

Apparently there were going to be more Star Wars films but critics so drove George Lucas crazy that he decided to stop the series rather than continue to take the ridicule. I can totally relate because I have the same problem with the podcast and this blog but I feel I owe it to you who keep reading and listening to just power through it. It's a shame because I thought the Star Wars movies were getting better and better with the advancing editing and special effects capabilities. Lucas said, "on the internet, all those same guys that are complaining I made a change are completely changing the movie, I'm saying: 'Fine. but my movie, with my name on it, that says I did it, needs to be the way I want it.'" I totally agree with Lucas and if you don't like it don't watch it. He can say that because he's now worth 250 quadrillion bazillion vanillion superstillion dollars. I, on the other hand, am barely worth a plug nickel and until I am worth 1/2,000th as much as him and have my own Dirty Laundry In The Middle Ranch I just want people to read and listen and maybe one day in a land far far away I may change my mind but until then...please continue to read and listen - ALWAYS!
Yum ... Intergalactic Snacks!

Thank you, as always, for being here today. I so much appreciate you. I guess this pretty much turned into a snack cake and celebrity blog. Tomorrow maybe I'll try to get deeper since it's Friday and all but that is not a promise though I occasionally can wax intelligence (but more on it's more wax off than wax on). TTTT...MITM (send them out with something fun and close to fitting Roz)! TA

No comments:

Post a Comment