Monday, January 23, 2012

Jack Black and the Drench Coat Mafia

Hit it tenaciously Roz!
Hangin' with the Blackmeister
Happy Monday....I can say that because it's like my Saturday this week. I am off today and tomorrow :) Next week I only have to work four days and then I get a three day weekend which will be your Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. I like to keep you up to speed on the Matt-to-human calendar. Sorry I didn't blog your Friday but it was a pretty hectic day. I took the test for perhaps the next progression in my most recent career path that day. I think I did really well on it but I won't know for about two weeks because they keep the testing for the position open for that long. There were a few dozen other things  did that day and it was a work day as well.

Last night for Fabio's birthday we went to Morton's The Steakhouse in Naperville. We had a great meal. I had the filet mignon, Fabio had the lobster tail, of course, and Cha Cha had the surf and turf. Fabio and I sat on opposite sides of Jack Black. Yes, THE Jack Black. What a birthday for Fabio. I would put the photo here but I am too lazy/tired to go downstairs to get my camera - probably tomorrow. We also saw our friend Stacee there. I was more excited to see her than I was to sit next to Jack Black. I wish we could have spent more time with her but she had her business to attend to and we had our but we did visit a little bit but not as much as I would have liked.

It was raining last night when we went to eat so I wore my trench coat. Somehow it came up that I was wearing a trench coat and Fabio thought that name was funny. He felt that it should be called a drench coat since it was for the rain. I thought that was pretty smart especially since I am not really sure why it's called a trench coat. I think I am going to start my own Drench Coat Mafia; if you're interested in membership please let me know.
Beyond green and beyond intelligent

Tonight Cha Cha and I will be recording the new Dirty Laundry Podcast. We have lots to talk about this week but if there's something you want us to discuss please let us know.

I heard Friday that it was "bike to work day." When I heard that on the radio it was two degrees outside and there was snow everywhere. Wouldn't it make sense to have this day scheduled in the summer months maybe? I think you would get much more participation if people didn't have to put snow tires on their bicycles in order to participate. That's just setting yourself up for failure. I am going to try to get walk barefoot to work day going for mid-February in the MIDDLEwest - we have to thin the her one way or another.

I also heard on the radio that chicken wing prices are going up. I remember that happened one other time and I think it may have been around the same time of year. Right before the Super Bowl. I hope I don't get sued for using the name Super Bowl in my blog. I assume that people aren't supposed to use this term since every time an advertiser who is trying to promote their product for use on the day of this event calls it "the big game." Super Bowl Super Bowl Super Bowl. Wouldn't you think that they would want people to mention the event? Maybe they should call it "the game which shall not be mentioned by name."

Have a great day. I am going to have to end this here because I pushed it a little too hard yesterday (TWSS) and I need to get some sack-time so our award-winning podcast can be as good as I have grown to pretend it to be. Thank you for stopping by and I will do better tomorrow allegedly. TTTT...MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment