Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Twas the Fourth Dayeth Beforeth Christmath!

(take you Dramamine because the font changes slightly at the end and it won't let me change it back for some reason) 

It's four days before Christmas and all through the blog something I need is a cup of eggnog. I really like eggnog but I am the only one in this house that does. What is the alcohol of choice for eggnog? Is it brandy or rum? I think I am going to get some eggnog and no MATTer what the alcohol of choice is I am going to make it rum. 

In two days my entire family will be gone and I will be Home Alone. I am happy they will all be together but I am going to feel like Del Griffith for a couple of days - anybody wanna buy some shower curtain rings? It seems that the holidays scream John Hughes don't they? Even though Scream was John Carpenter right? I think I am milking that Home Alone deal into the ground because we talked about it on this week's Dirty Laundry Podcast (load #40) too. All I want for Christmas is for the world to come together in perfect harmony and to listen to the podcast. Coca Cola goes well with rum too (in perfect harmony).

Wanna spend Kwanzaa/Hanukkah/Christmas...with Matt In The Middle? Make your holiday reservations now! Hurry seats are limited. There is somebody (yes, a real person) that will be here on Christmas but you have to listen to the podcast to find out who (I'll get you there one way or another).

Hey, do you know what the number one requested Christmas present is? I do and I will give you until the end of the blog to guess.
They sure are "artsy"

Remember a while back I talked about Netflix and their dumb marketing decisions of doubling their prices and that we switched out Netflix to the streaming only rather than getting the discs in the mail too (if not you are pretty much caught up now)? Another blow is soon going to be handed to Netflix and their bad karma move. It sounds pretty definite that the United Sates Postal Service (USPC) is going to lessen their hours/delivery days and close hundreds of smaller post offices. Now, if you're still on the plan that has discs sent to your home, it will take longer to get your films and for them to get them back so it's even less of a good idea to use this option. They raised the prices and now you won't be able to use it as much (seems backwards).

To start the year off the HelHouse Gang and I (even Splenda will be home) are going to see The Blue Man Group. Cha Cha and I saw them quite a few years ago when they were still called The Periwinkle Boy Group. I guess we are sitting in the moist towelette section or the tarp section or some such thing. The last time we went we were in one of the last rows but I guess now we are going to get moist (TWSS). I think the kids will love it - Splenda because she likes artsy stuff and Fabio because he likes nonsense and to get wet. I think we may go to Ed Devevic's too so we can pay to get abused even more on our night in Chicago. Now if we could only get mugged our night would be complete. Do muggers take debit cards?

I keep getting sidetracked. I have been writing today's blog for about two hours now. I am playing on-line poker and reading emails and reading the news... I need to focus on getting this written. You should always be my #1 priority!!! 

While I was reading my emails I noticed that I got an email from South Dakota Governor Dennis and Linda Daugaard and their family wishing me a Merry Christmas. I didn't know I was on the Governor of South Dakota's radar let alone his Christmas card email list. I thought Wild Bill Hickok or Buffalo Bill Cody or Al Swearengen or Seth Bullock or somebody were Governor of South Dakota. And how do they now I celebrate Christmas? I am a little creeped-out (or is it creeped-ooot) by South Dakota this morning (who hasn't said that before?). 
 
I guess I have run out of things to blog about which happens all of the time but today I am going to use that as a reason to stop rather than to keep on blogging on. I hope you have a great day. Today is like my Monday so I will begin my work week today. There's no holiday for the bloggers and since I will be here all by myself I will probably blog right on through the holidaze. Christmas is on a Sunday this year though and I usually don't blog on Sundays but I probably will this year as my Christmas present to you (I don't mind if you re-gift it though). Maybe me being alone on Christmas is one of those deals like in stories where I will get so bored that I will go to church I will change for ever? Don't count on that since sleeping and podcasting without Cha Cha seems more likely on that day. TTTT... MITM (out) Don't worry, I didn't forget. The number one requested Christmas gift is/are GIFT CARDS! There is even a service/website where you can sell your unwanted gift cards for cash (less than face-value, of course) and they are great for re-gifting. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment