Tuesday, December 6, 2011

I've Got a Golden Twinkle in My Blog!

Last night I got to go down to Morris, Illinois and watch Fabio's basketball team play against Morris High School. I was very disappointed to discover that they are the Morris Redskins. I feel they should be lions or tigers or panthers or pumas or something along those lines. Don't you think The Morris Cats would be better than being named after a kind of a potato? 

Ho do you suppose Morris the Cat would do in a Presidential debate hosted and moderated by Donald Trump? That seems like the most ridiculous thing I have ever heard. Okay...not THE MOST ridiculous thing I have ever heard but pretty ridiculous. Doesn't "The Donald" realize he's a goof? Worse yet doesn't an entire political party of The United States of America realize he's a goof? The way the Republican party looks I believe that Morris the Cat could easily win the GOP spot if he showed up. I didn't even know that GOP meant the Grand Old Party until this year. I never really gave it much thought I guess but I kinda always thought it was the Greedy Old Party or the Goofy Old Party or the Geriatric Old Party though that one is kind of redundant. I have nothing for one party over the other but all of these candidates are buffoons. I am a person who just selects a candidate by what they stand for and what I feel they can do for our country. Unfortunately Can Do and Do Do and not always the same things. Maybe DoDo is actually what they do do. I just don't understand selecting a candidate just because he/she is in a specific group.

In case you didn't know the new Dirty Laundry Podcast is up on iTunes (search "Dirty Laundry Podcast") and at Podomatic (you can click that blue link back there if you're interested).

I have to work this weekend but I still may try to go early to an event at Hollywood Palms Theater in Naperville, IL Saturday. It's the 40th anniversary of the film Willie Wonka & the Chocolate Factory and they are having some special showings. Hosting the event are: Charlie Bucket, Violet Beauregard, Augustus Gluck, Mike TeeVee and Veruka Salt (not the musical group). All five of the actors that played the children that found the Golden Tickets are going to be there. Now that I think about it why do I want to go? I guess it's because I love pop-culture and what's more pop-culture than Willie Wonka? (maybe Morris The Cat) It's been "pop" for 40 years. I have never seen it on "the big screen" while eating nachos and having a mai tai before going to work. If Gene Wilder were gonna be there I would go for sure. How about an Oompa Loompa? I would definitely go if everyone attending received a Golden Ticket "suitable for framing!" Am I the only one who thinks that Grandpa Joe was a lazy bastard for being totally capable to walk and getting a job to maybe help his impoverished family and he just laid in his big orgy bed with Grandma Josephine and Grandpa George and Grandma Georgina? After all of these 40 years I have just now realized that the real star of that film was Wonka's Golden Ticket (TWSS). How much do you wanna bet WGN TV (the morning news) copies this for a feature on their show this week?

Have you ever tried to figure out which of the five Golden Ticket winners you are? I cannot believe nobody has thought of that for one of those stupid The Facebook polls or apps or whatever they're called. Or which Gilligan's Island castaway you are. I believe I am mostly Charlie Bucket with a bit of Mike TeeVee sprinkled in there. As far as Gilligan's Island I would say that I am pretty much Gilligan with a touch of Mary Ann (don't I wish). It would be nice if I could feel like Thurston Howell III some day.

My new job is having a Christmas party this Thursday (or do we have to call them holiday parties still?). That's not worded correctly but you get my snow drift. Being new and going to a Christmas party is gonna make me feel like a turd in a punch bowl I think. Fortunately, I am not the only one who is new so hopefully that will make it not so awkward.

I hope you have a great day today; I hope it's a Golden Ticket day. Thank you for continuing to stop here and for listening to the podcast - you cannot know how much I appreciate it. I am going to try to go this whole day without embarrassing myself - I bet I make it until at least noon. TTTT...MITM (out to find the sixth and final Golden Ticket...what do you mean there are only five?) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment