Monday, December 5, 2011

"MITM Reader Rewards Cards" Not Required!

Add 5 minutes for inflation
It's been a long time since I blogged this early. Remember when I was going through the phase of waking up at 3:00AM? Well, it turns out that being up that early must have been my body or my spirit guides or coincidence or whatever you believe in predicting that I would find a night job and it was training me ahead of time. So, I was off yesterday and today and I am up anyway and I have run out of things to do without waking up the rest of the family or the entire neighborhood so I will blog...I am so glad that you are always here for me.

I just got back from grocery shopping. I don't shop at the big stores much anymore but they are the only ones open 24 hours so I went to Super Wal-Mart just now. I know I have referenced this movie many times (both in Charlton Heston and Will Smith form though his was called I, Legend) but going to Super Wal-Mart at 2:00 AM om a Monday morning is like being The Omega Man. The store has about 8 entire rows of shelves from the floor to about 7 feet up that are normally filled with bread but all the shelves were bare. I wasn't sure if I was Old Mother Hubbard or The Three Bears when they came home and found some little toe-headed brat ransacked their house. And then the workers are roaming around like zombies and occasionally one will be dancing or something and then they see you and scamper off. There were no other cars on the road either so maybe the apocalypse did occur and I am just not aware yet. If so...and you are reading this just know that there is at least one other human alive and if you are female and can reverse a vasectomy we should start repopulating the planet now (TMI?). 

Herman Cain "suspended" his presidential campaign. Talk about a filibuster...that should have been done months ago!

I think Bill O'Reilly must read this blog. In case you are not aware of who he is he has a political show called The O'Reilly Factor on the Fox network. I have never seen it but I am aware of it. In November 26th's blog, after seeing Lady Ga Ga on her Thanksgiving special I questioned when her 20 minutes would be up. I read in this past Saturday's paper that Bill O'Reilly is wondering if Ga Ga  "jumped the shark." Just because I used Andy Warhol's 15 minutes of fame theory (adding 5 minutes for time since his theory) and you used The Fonz's theory of fame does not fool be Mr. O'Reilly. At least when I steal other people's theories I give them credit. I will be looking for a written apology soon!
Enough Already!!!! The rewards suck!

Remember a while back I asked about manufacturers' warranties? My buddy Brian mentioned that the reason he thought, as was one of my thoughts, is because not many people will mail in the warranties. The new thing that is bugging me (it's not that new of a thing but everybody seems to be doing it now) is the stupid rewards cards where you can get an extra whatever percent off if you have their card. There are local grocery stores here that do it. One even lets you builds "points' toward getting free gas at a Mobil gas station....I cannot even think of where we have a Mobil gas station in our town. I saw a commercial where Target now has a Target Red Card so you can get 5% extra savings. Just lower your prices by 5%!!!! I know you want my information so you can profile me and sell my name and address and habits to someone else so I can get a bunch more emails and my mailbox can be littered with all of the junk mail but I would rater A) pay the extra 5% or B) shop somewhere else!!! Man I am crabby this early on a Monday morning.

As long as I am talking about saving money, sort of, where did the whole "it's unlucky to pick up a penny if it isn't heads up" thing come from? I prefer tails up anyway I think. And why does it only apply to pennies? Do other countries have the same superstitions? It's okay to pick up a toonie heads up but bad luck to pick up a loonie heads up? I guarantee one thing (one loonie thing for my Canadian friends) if I see a $100 bill on the ground I don't care if it's heads up, heads down or inside out I am picking it up. Isn't it always good luck to find money no matter which way it is faced?

Why are "practical jokes" called "practical?" Aren't all jokes kind of impractical just by nature?

In the same paper that I read about Bill O'Reilly stealing from me I read that in Rahway, New Jersey the local fire department was called to the hospital (Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital if you need verification) to try to help get a flying squirrel out of a hospital emergency room. The squirrel kept "launching" itself from an 8-foot-high wall mounted lamp into a glass wall after getting trapped in the room. Firefighters threw a blanket over the squirrel and let it loose in the forest. My first question, which the story never talked about, was why was Bullwinkle in the hospital. My second question was when firemen let the squirrel go in the forest do you think one of them said, "watch me pull a rabbit outta my hat" and the other one asked, "again?"

Okay, you can probably see that I am feeling a little better since I rambled on like I do when I feel good. Thank you for stopping by, as always. Last night Cha Cha and I recorded most of this week's Dirty Laundry Podcast with a couple of in-Kajunkles-studio guests and I should probably have it edited today and up. I will let you know when it's ready...probably the quickest ways to knwo when it's ready is to "like" us on Facebook. Don't worry...you don't need a rewards card and we will never sell or give your info to anybody else (except maybe your comments on the podcast). Thanks again. TTTT...MITM (feeling better but still out)

No comments:

Post a Comment