Monday, December 12, 2011

How about a Monday morning Big O?

It just doesn't look right
Even though most of you are asleep while I am writing this it is Monday. You are probably in the best part of Monday that there is; the part where it's a little chilly but you're under your nice warm covers and you are dreaming about how cool it would be to be Matt In The Middle and you don't even have to get up for like three or four hours. Okay, maybe the dreaming you are Matt In The Middle might be a nightmare but they say that dreams only last a couple of seconds even though they seem longer so now you have moved on to a really nice dream instead.

I have been in mourning for about four days now. It didn't turn out as bad as it could have but Albert Pujols is no longer a St. Louis Cardinal. Maybe the Cardinals knew this was going to happen when they acquired Lance Berkman? I would have been much more upset if he has become a Brewer or a Cub because then he would be in the same division...this way he is in a totally different league (which he always has been anyway). It's kinda funny that he is now a California Los Angeles Anaheim Los Angeles Angel.  Quite honestly I wasn't sure which one they were until I Googled it and found that is L.A. Angels; they have changed their name more times than Zsa Zsa Gabor and Liz Taylor combines. Pujols got a 10-year contract which is good since he is getting older and he went to the American League where he can be a designated hitter if his age starts getting to him a bit down the line. He's a very religious guy so it sorta makes sense that he's an Angel. I wish him well and am proud that so far, from what I hear, the St. Louis fans aren't acting like Cleveland's when LeBron James left town. I think that was partly LeBron's fault too and I don't see Albert behaving the way LeBron did.

This may be an easy one but here is a winter trivia question now that it's that time of year. Statistically, does more snow fall during the day or at night? (not a trick question and not a joke question...the answer will be at the end of today's blog)

Normally I would tell you that the new Dirty Laundry Podcast will be up later today but we haven't even recorded it yet. We have a scheduled SKYPE interview with one of Santa's elves for tonight. He couldn't do it last night because even this time of year Santa gives them Sunday's off...what a great jolly old boss he must be. He is in the P.R. / Elf Relations Department. I am really looking forward to talking with him. If you have any questions we could ask him...let me know sometime today either here or at www.dirtylaundrypodcast.com, or on our Dirty Laundry Podcast The Facebook page or at www.dirtylaundrybag@gmail.com. From speaking with him shortly (no pun intended) he sounds like he's open for any questions.
My kinda Standing O

Cha Cha and I went to my work holiday open house / awards ceremony last week and you know me and having to entertain my mind all the time. When people were receiving awards every now and then there'd be a standing ovation. I am all for this but it is very curious to me. If one person stands up while clapping everybody else HAS TO stand up and clap because if you don't you look like a total jerk. I think the next time I go to an awards ceremony I am either gonna get a fake leg cast or a wheel chair because I don't need all the extra excercise though it does make for good blogging. Not only that but not everyone got a Standing O which actually may be my problem with it. If your not going to give everyone a Big O you shouldn't give anybody a big O. I say big O's for everyone now that I think of it! Imagine how you'd feel if everyone else was satisfied by receiving the Big O and you were left unfulfilled without that happy of an ending while receiving your award.

I should have mentioned this when I was talking about Pujols since it is sorta baseball-related. They are making a movie about Jackie Robinson. I know there was the original The Jackie Robinson Story in 1950 but this one is gonna have Harrison Ford in it. I am guessing the first one was historically accurate since the person who played Jackie Robinson was Jackie Robinson but it still didn't have Harrison Ford in it! I think Harrison Ford is probably a jackass but his movies are usually pretty good. He will probably be a good Branch Rickey though I don't think Rickey was a jackass.

Okay that does it for me for today. Remember to get your questions in for Jeff the elf if there's something you always wanted to know about life as an indentured servant...that will be my first question (how's the pay?). The answer to the trivia question is - there is statistically more snow at night then during the day since in the winter there are more hours of night than day. So this winter when you wake up every morning and have to clear the driveway remember that you have daylight savings time to blame this on - CURSE YOU BEN FRANKLIN!!!!!! Have a great Monday and if you're bored - really, really bored Fabio's team plays Kaneland tonight here in town and I will be there signing autograph (not plural). Thank you for stopping in and keeping me company....TTTT...MITM (I get to talk to an elf tonight :) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment