Wednesday, December 7, 2011

The hall of fame blog that will live in infamy!

What station do you suppose this will be on today?
It's Pearl Harbor Day. That was the day in 1941 that Japan "woke the sleeping giant." A day that will live in infamy. Though many Americans lost their lives that 70 years ago today as the Japanese bombed our unsuspecting ships those lives were not in vein. No one knows how World War II might have ended had The United States of America not had our snooze alarm broken that day and we had not entered that war. Would Adolph Hitler have been able to wipe out millions more "non-Aryan" people? Would some of us not exist because some of our ancestors may have been killed in concentration camps? It is often thought of a day of sadness but I think it should just be more of a day of reflection and thankfulness to those people who gave their lives that day so possibly millions more families could go on. This is the day that I usually splash down one or two kamikazes!

I heard that the Chicago Cubs' Ron Santo finally got elected into the Major League Baseball Hall of Fame the year after he died. This man was campaigning to be in the Hall of Fame pretty much ever since he retired from baseball. As you know I am not much of a Cubs' fan but I always thought Ron Santo was a pretty good player and a great ambassador for the game of baseball. I pretty much always thought he should have been in the HOF. I just think it shows what a bunch of assholes these former players who vote for inductees are that they wait until a guy dies to elect him to the ultimate honor of a former player right after he is gone and cannot enjoy the honor. I love baseball but I hate assholes like Joe Morgan even though I was a huge Joe Morgan fan as a kid. He was the one who I recall being most vocal about Santo not deserving to be elected into The Hall. Congrats to Santo's family...and Ron's memory.
R & R HOF looks like The Injustice League!

This must he my Hall of Fame blog today. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame announced this year's inductees into the HOF. Red Hot Chili Peppers made the cut, The Small Faces/The Faces (Rod Stewart's original band), 1960's pop singer Laura Nyro and 1960's singer Hurdy Gurdy Mellow Yellow Donovan and also The Beastie Boys also will be inducted. I am not going to argue any one of these groups mainly because halls of fame are really ridiculous anyway but WHAT ABOUT KISS???? How does Rock and Roll all Night not scream Hall of Fame? I know I asked this last year and I will probably be asking again next year. Maybe the year after one of them dies they'll get in!

Last night at work some dude was standing there and broke wind and just stood there like nothing ever happened listening to his iPod. I imagine it was something very engaging like Dirty Laundry Podcast and he didn't even realize he blew a beauty. After he left I asked the only other person who was in the area if she had heard anything strange and she laughed and said, "yeah, how does he do that and have no reaction?" It reminds me of the ancient proverb - "if a man farts in the woods and nobody says anything did he really fart?"
It's just a simple truth of snowman "life"
I have plenty more to blog about but I have lots to do before I try to get some sleep for my next round at work. I cleaned the garage out entirely yesterday so it's now able to hold 1 1/2 vehicles which is what we have (the Fiat is like 1/2 a vehicle). Today I have to get the Christmas lights up on the outside and get the snow blower running so the snowmen are happy. Get your minds out of the frozen gutter....if the snow blower is running that means the snow is still around and the snowmen will live longer....geez! There is still a little more I need to do to get the yard ready for the winter too. Then, somewhere in there, I have to figure out dinner for tonight - maybe a roast becasue they kinda cook themselves. I decided that I will make Christmas cookies again this year after a two-year hiatus... that will be Monday and Tuesday on two of my three days off this week.

Have a great day today. I thank you for being here again - if I forget to thank you once in awhile please know that I am always thankful even if I am forgetful and seemingly unappreciative sometimes. TTTT...MITM (out to make our yardmases more bright!!!!) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment