Thursday, December 29, 2011

Star Dies, Day is Deleted...Maybe the Mayans Were Right!

I am a bit melancholy today. I am not really sure of the exact definition of the word but doesn't every word have a slightly different definition for each person who uses it? Kinda like how everybody sees different situations differently or some people find one thing funny or beautiful and the next person totally disagrees. Anyway, I feel melancholy and it may or may not feel the same way as it would feel if you were melancholy.


I am not really sure when I became melancholy but maybe it's the end of the month thing - you who have been reading the blog for awhile know that I am usually Mattstruating about this time of the month and maybe that's it. It may be the holiday blues too who knows? I think I realized that I was in "a mood" yesterday when I heard that one of my favorite movie stars I remember watching every week as a kid died recently. He was a star from the 1930's but his movies were always on television when I was young before cable and satellite television existed. Cheetah, the chimpanzee from the Tarzan films, died at the age of 80 at The Suncoast Primate Sanctuary Foundation in Florida. Tell me he didn't get all the primates at the sanctuary! He had to be a total primate-magnet even at 80-years-old. Just like many celebrity deaths, however, Cheetah's passing is shrouded in controversy. Many people are saying that very few chimps live beyond 45 years in captivity and that this wasn't the real Cheetah - it sure looked like him to me. I bet Cheetah lived a pretty posh life as a former film start and maybe that led him to living longer. I heard that they found his SAG (Screen Actors Guild) card among his belongings which hopefully will put these vicious TMZ-like rumors to rest! RIP Cheetah! I wonder if he'll make that stupid list of "stars that died in 2011?"

Cha Cha has always tried to convince me that Target is a great store. I never really totally agreed (though I do like it okay) but even though the recent changes to their stores is due to some bad behavior by some of their employees I believe the outcome of this behavior may make me go to Target much more often in the coming (not gonna say it and if you're thinking it it is your mind and not mine) days. A mother who was nursing her baby at a Target store in Texas was "surrounded" by Target employees that asked her to go to a fitting-room to breast-feed her baby. Supposedly some of them even "rolled their eyes at her." I have mixed feelings about this. I think it kind of depends on how she was asked. The terms "surrounded by" and "rolled their eyes" makes it sound like she was harassed and it was almost gang violence/mob action but I am not sure. If someone was feeling uncomfortable by this and they nicely asked I don't see the harm. All she had to do is say "no" and continue to breastfeed. I don't know the circumstances but I like the results even though I always find out too late just like the breast-feeding situation that happened right down town in my town when I drove by coincidentally and it looked like a run on Bailey Building & Loan. I didn't even know what all the people were down there until the next day or I would have stopped for sure. Anyway, yesterday there was a big Target breastfeeding-a-thon nationally and again I failed to receive the memo. I may head over to Target today...we do need a few things. I guess there is even a The Facebook page about this...I am really out of the areola loop on this one. I felt my way through The Facebook looking for the particular page about this exact event but I didn't see the specific page. There are lots of breastfeeding The Facebook pages - big ones, firm ones, small ones, perky ones, saggy ones, older one, the sizes and shapes and attitudes are countless...but I could not get my hands on the specific page for this event. I really suck at trying to find this page but I will never give up my pursuit to check them all!
I'd rather be more like a Troy Polamalu Samoan

At midnight tonight the islands of Somoa and Tokela will skip December 30th all together and the date will become December 31st. Somoa made this decision so they could improve their trade relations with Australia and New Zealand. Tokela is just a Samoa wanna-be and is changing their date just to be like Samoa. So now you totally lose a day? What if you live in Samoa, and you are 20-years-old and your birthday is on December 30th....do you have to wait another year before you can be of legal drinking age? I am making an assumption that the drinking age in Somoa is 21, of course. If you're 15 do you have to wait another entire year to get your drivers' license? I hope it works out for everybody. Now we can watch the Samoan New Year's Eve celebration tomorrow night right?

Speaking on Samoa... I have been slowly putting the pounds back on. I have been blaming the schedule of my new job but it is a bad habit/trend and I am sick of it. Today I start working-out again and eating properly. It's funny how I could rationalize eating like crap and not exercising like it was okay! IT IS NOT OKAY (for me, at least). This has nothing to do with New Years' resolutions because for me those are silly. If it works for you GODSPEED! Anyway, it's back to the Smart Matt so he doesn't have to deal with the Fat Matt again. I haven't decided if I will continue to eat meat or not but I do like being a peskaterian even though I am generally more of a pestaterian.

Thanks for stopping in here today - I always appreciate your company. I hope you have a great Monday (that's right it's Monday for me today even though your week is winding-down). Do Samoan's only work four days this week too because they totally lose a day? How does their pay at work change? I am totally worried about Samoa. This might be what the Mayan's were talking about when their calendar got all screwed up (I think this warrants some investigation for this coming week's Dirty Laundry Podcast). don't you hate people who act like they're gonna leave and then stand in your door-way with their coat on for another hour blabbing? I can take a hint....TTTT (the 30th or the 31st depending on your island) - MITM (out, finally).

No comments:

Post a Comment