Thursday, December 22, 2011

Free Books For Christmas - Find Out Where!

On This Blog that is!
Christmas is in like three days. Most of the time I have no idea what day it is or what time it is because my work weeks change every week and I work nights for the most part and I sleep some in the morning and some in the afternoon and on weekends (or what ends up being MY weekends - which change every week) I try to go back to the regular-people schedule which messes me up on my non-people days. I am not whining I am just commiserating which is a fancy word for whining I think. I feel better now thank you.

I have lots of things to blog about but I am not sure which ones I want to use for the blog and which ones I want to use for the PODCAST. I don't want to be redundant. I don't want to be redundant. Redundant as in repeating myself not redundant like in the British countries as in "fired" or "sacked" though I would prefer to be neither.

I was trying to find movie show times for Christmas and made the mistake of looking in the newspaper. When did theaters stop showing movie times in the newspapers? I guess it is kind of an unnecessary expense when Fandango knows everything. Who uses Fandango? Anyway, I still don't know what times movies are. I guess I will use the internet like I usually do. excuse me for trying to think outside of the box (TWSS).

One thing I did use that internet-thing for yesterday and I guess I can make it a blog trivia question (this seems to becoming a regular feature of the blog since this is two days in a row) - On the Island of Misfit Toys why was the little girl on the island? The answer will be at the end of the blog (don't scroll ahead - it's not going anywhere).

I was listening to Pandora last night at work on my iPod. In case you are unfamiliar Pandora is a free internet music service whereby you enter an artist's name and they will play music by that artist and other similar artists and you can click the thumb's-up or the thumb's-down for particular artists and it will whittle the likes down to a bunch of songs you like. The reason that it is "free" is because it does have advertisers. I believe you can get it advertiser-free if you pay for it but if I had done that I wouldn't be able to blog about what I am about to blog about. I had the Christmas "station" on which had a lot of great holiday music on it but advertisements for The Holy Bible kept popping up. Oh my goodness I had no idea that book was even out yet. The largest selling book of all time is available? Is this the new version because I think I still have the King James version around here somewhere. Does the Bible really need to be advertised? Anybody who has ever stayed in a hotel in The United States could have received a free sample from The Gideons - whoever they are.

Speaking of Christmas I just thought of a great movie that I discovered last year and want to mention it again this year in case you didn't read the blog last year or you didn't get around to watching it last year and maybe you have more time this season. The movie is called Christmas Story (it doesn't have THE or A in front of it). It is from Finland and it is one of my favorite Christmas movies after discovering it last year. It is on "instant view" on Netflix if you have Netflix but I am sure you can find it other places too. "It's a magical and heartwarming holiday film" that tells about the real history of Santa Claus. It's good for the whole family.
A Dolly For Sue!
I heard that former Chicago Bears' wide receiver Willie Gault is being sued for taking part in a scheme to artificially inflate the stock of a medical-devise company that he manages. What is it with Chicago Bears wide receivers and committing felonies this month? I hope I don't hear anything disparaging about Tom Waddell because I really like him. I liked Gault too though. quite honestly, I never really had Hurd heard of Hurd because he wasn't good enough to make the fantasy football cut.

Okay I have to get some sleep now. The answer to today's trivia questions is - the doll was on The Island of Misfit Toys because, "I haven't any dreams left to dream." That's a lame-ass reason to be put on a prison-like island.

Have a great day. Thanks a lot for coming by and for listening to the podcast so I don't get exiled to The Island or Misfit Podcasts and Blogs! Tomorrow will be Christmas Eve Eve Eve are you ready? TTTT...MITM (still with a few dreams left to dream) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment