Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Rumors of twins MITM and Jon Bon Jovi's deaths are greatly exaggerated.

This album would have sold good today if they just had waited!
I awoke very early this morning to hear reports that Jon Bon Jovi was found dead. Before I go any further and you run out and buy all of that Bon Jovi memorabilia let me tell you know that the reports turned out to be false. It turns out that the report copied, very closely, the 2009 Los Angeles Times story from the day Michael Jackson was found dead. What purpose does something like this serve? Trying to manipulate the media? I suppose it's no different than starting a computer virus though it is probably less destructive. (I think I may change my podcast name to Les Destructive) Who would be stupid enough to write or report on something so stupid? Maybe I should falsely report my own death so the podcast and the blog would go viral. Wait, if I report on it myself I suppose that may tip people to the fact that I am still alive right? Start that rumor for me will you? But now if I really die people will think it's a hoax. This hoax / fake death business is very tricky. If it was Bon Jovi's people or iTunes who started this rumor they should have done it during the day so people would have downloaded songs (Wanted: Dead or Alive would have sold very well today) and ran out and bout U-571 (a good movie I might add - Bon Jovi and McConaughey...it must be a chick flick). Now most people won't even hear about it unless some boob blogs about it. Maybe somebody just spelled Kim Jong Il wrong; they both are pretty uncommon names. Jon - Jong? Jong Il - Bon Jovi? Somebody probably just misheard something. I bet somebody was already counting their celebrity death-pool winnings for 2011 (people who have a 49-year-old Bon Jovi on their lists would be my first suspects in the fake death report).
 
It's funny how one faked news story/celebrity death can decide the fate of a moron's Tuesday blog isn't it? I think Christmas marketing is behind this one way or another because after just listening to that song while I added the link I am contemplating downloading that song from iTunes but I am fighting the urge so as not to be one of those lambs.

That reminds me that next week we will have to start enduring all of those stupid lists: "celebrities we lost in 2011," "top 10 news stories of 2011,"... Now that we have the internet in pretty much every home and on most mobile devises do we really need somebody else compiling these lists for us? It is only going to be a coincidence that in the next few weeks Dirty Laundry Podcast is going to have our Top 10 Podcast Moments of 2011 (I just thought of that while complaining about the top ten lists we are going to endure - I am now part of the problem by trying to spoof/lampoon the problems).

On family vacations I have often been one of those dad's that won't stop as quickly as other members of the Donner Party (that reference will make more sense, sort of, in a moment) have to go to the restroom/bathroom/lavatory/toilet... I read a story this morning about a man who makes my trying to make good driving-time seem amateurish. This guys will definitely be inducted into The Making Good Driving Time Hall of Fame. The 71-year-old Canadian man drove 225 miles after his wife died in the car while they were vacationing in Oregon. The man said his 75-year-old wife began "suffering a medical condition" and they began heading home. She died in the car on the way. He made it to Washington before using his Onstar to call for help. Authorities said no foul-play is suspected. The general feeling is that he just didn't know how to handle the situation so just decided to head toward home. My thought is he probably got to 20 miles before the Canadian border and wondered how he was going to explain it at the border; nobody wants an international incident. If I was Canadian and my wife were sick I would head for the land of nationalized medicine too rather than have to deal with thousands and thousand of dollars of bills here in "the land of milking the homeys" (patent/trademark/copyright). Her body was shipped home to Canada.
Have a great day. Sorry about all of the Tuesday talk of death. When the news delivers death I just stir the Kool-aid (not grape though). Thank you, as always, for spending time here. The podcast should be up sometime this afternoon and I will let you know when it's ready. If you become a "follower" on Pod-o-matic or subscribe on iTunes you will be among the first to know though. TTTT...MITM (still thinking about downloading some Bon Jovi - I am such a sucker for these scams). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment