Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Deck the Blogs with Bars of Horry!

A musical says what?
Tuesday confuseday! That's right...I am confused yet again. Surprised?  Remember that I told you a couple of weeks ago that they are making the Rocky musical for Broadway? Now Mike Myers is in talks to make Austin Powers into a Broadway musical. Oh behave! What is this trend all about? Unlike Rocky, however, there was quite a bit of music in the Austin Powers movies. I can only remember one song from Rocky - "da da datta da datta da datta da... gonna fly now, flyin' high now...."

Am I the only one who hates the way the internet does some news stories now? (the fake links in the next couple of sentences are not really links but rather just demonstrating the way the stories are written to frustrate us - at least me) They will start off a story (how) and then they will talk about someone else (find out who) who might write stories this way. And if you are crazy enough to keep reading their story (learn about what) with all of their links (where) you will see that it appears to be a new ploy by a newer search engine (which one) to try to redirect us to a not-so-major search engine (for what reason). In summation  - it seems to me like an attempt by Bing (which I find extremely inferior to Google) to try to steer us toward their advertisers and their site because when I clicked these types of links for research for this thought they all went to a Bing story/site. I guess the old fashioned way of just writing a story with all of the facts in it was too time-consuming and took away form their "hit" count so they could tell their advertisers that they get X-amount of hits per day and sell more ads... so they could dumb down the world even more. I am making some broad assumptions (find out what they are) but I know I am right (see why).

Remember last week I was thinking about going to Hollywood Palms theater to see the five actors who played the five kids in Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory? (incidentally, they were on WGN News after I wrote about them as I predicted) Now they are having one of the actors from It's a Wonderful Life (see who- just kidding). It probably isn't that tough of a guess who it is since the movie was released in 1946. Is it Lionel Barrymore? dead. Donna Reed? dead. James Stewart? dead. Carl "Alfalfa" Switzer? dead. It's Karolyn Grimes of course (that's a real link to her IMDB page). Even though I wouldn't go to see her I would say that she did have one of the most famous lines from the movie if not one of the most remembered lines in all of motion picture history (at least in the top 1000). In case you didn't figure out who she is yet she played "Zu Zu" Bailey. The line wasn't "not a smidge of temperature" either. It was THIS (actually a link - LOL). Great film but I am sure she doesn't remember anything about filming it - do you remember anything from when you were six-years-old? Really? Not just what people told you but things that you actually remember? You're welcome again WGN News - I bet she's on there later this week.
The actual A Christmas Story house - Cleveland

I seem a bit cynical today - maybe it's because I am planning to make Christmas cookies today? "Look daddy, every time an Agitator/Matt In The Middle makes cookies a moron gets cynical."

Christmas this year is really tough in the Helser-household. Splenda cannot come home because of work and we cannot all go to see her because Fabio has basketball and I have to work just about every day including: Christmas Eve, Christmas, New Years... I guess we have "jumped the shark" as far as holidays. I don't know why we feel the pressure to have to be together on these specific days and we will just do the holiday things on different days but it's just weird. So, depending on what happens, Cha Cha may go down and see Splenda and Fabio may or may not go with her depending on whether he has to go to a two-day tournament because they can only take an X-number of players but my guess is he will be chosen since he is playing very well right now (he beat me in the driveway last night before his game 30-20). So I may be alone eating Chinese at Chop Suey Palace Co. (tomorrow, if I remember, I will put a photo on the blog of where Ralphie actually shot his eye out)

Have a great day. Thank you for stopping by today and I will still let you know when the podcast is up (TWSS). Enjoy the weather for the next couple of days in the MIDDLEwest because after this week I feel the worm will turn. TTTT...MITM (fa ra ra ra ra ra ra ra ra'ing out )!

No comments:

Post a Comment