Friday, December 23, 2011

I Will Soon be Visited by Three Ghosts!

It's official - I'm Home Alone.

I want to start by apologizing to anybody that received a spam email from my supposed email address. Somehow my email was hacked (that's the price of podcast and blog fame sometimes) and stupid emails were being sent in the guise of being from me. At the advise of my great pal Maria in Oregon and my wonderful daughter Splenda and the computer wizardry of Cha Cha I believe the problem has been rectified. Thank you for your understanding and please let me know if the problem persists or arises again. Let me know if the problem persists and I may change my hit-list for Santa. I really don't think any of you need Vaigra or should lose any weight contrary to my spams! You all look fantastic and are just as "at attention" as you should be.

Why do things that we order still get "shipped?" I don't think many things that we order these days come by ship. Maybe if you were to buy an elephant or a tiger or something they would still come via ship but I am tired of paying shipping for a small item that is clearly sent by truck. Even if it came by dirigible I could understand "shipping." I know it's all semantics but a semantic slip means a lot to someone who blogs for a living nuisance hobby and wants to pay less for freight.

Speaking of "shipping" have you seen the recent videos of many of the major delivery services "handling" our packages (TWHS)? Shipping and handling are both improper terms. It should be trucking and mishandling based on these videos. That link is just from one of the videos I have seen but this package is a computer monitor handled with care.

I didn't think I was going to be sad to be alone for Christmas but I think I am kinda getting blue and mopey (not in a good way either) and they just left about 1/2 hour ago. Why is being alone this coming Saturday and Sunday feel different than being alone any other Saturday or Sunday? Sunday I will have my good buddy Brian Didier from the North Pole (Wisconsin) here with me so I  won't be alone on Christmas. Saturday the new washer and dryer are supposed to be delivered too so I may have new delivery driver/Lowe's elf friends. I also have to work Saturday and Sunday so I will be with many life-long friends that I have known for all of my life about two months. Why am I brainwashed, as are most of us I suppose, into thinking I/we have to be with someone on Christmas? Seriously - what is it?  Is it all of the holiday movies we have seen over the years? All of the songs? I am pretty sure I am not gonna pull a George Bailey. However, if there was someone drowning in the water below I would be the first one in. There are many people throughout the world who are always alone and they don't complain about it or do we just not listen?

I know on the Dirty Laundry Podcast two week's ago (#39 - Jeff the Elf) we played a song on the show that I said was my favorite Christmas song but I am shuffling my Christmas play-list right now and there is another playing right now that I would say ties that song as my favorite Christmas song. I promise that's it - it will not be a three-way tie! (I do really like that Bing Crosby / David Bowie version of Little Drummer Boy too (okay a three song tie but THAT'S IT!)

Soon all of the college bowl games will be starting. My hometown Northern Illinois University Huskies will be playing in the GoDaddy.Com Bowl. That's a pretty lame-sounding bowl game but there are others just as bad if not worse. I cannot decide which ones to watch: The Beef "O" Brady's Bowl? The Maaco Bowl? The Little Caesar's Pizza Bowl? The Belk Bowl? The Champs Sports Bowl? The Meineke Car Care Bowl? The Chick-Fa-La Bowl? You get the idea. What the hell is Beef "O" Brady and Belk? I am not going to look them up because I don't even care. I am tired of advertisers running the world and hacking into people's email addresses!!!!! I know what roses and peaches and oranges and gators and liberty and sugar and fiesta are and those should be the only bowl games! Plus SUPER, of course!!!
I

Hey, what day is the 2012 end of the world supposed to happen? Is that on January 1st just like the Y2K thing ended the world? I am pretty sure I will still be blogging in 2013 but if I'm dead sue me!

I think today is Friday but I may blog again tomorrow because what else am I going to do all alone in this haunted mansion all alone? I imagine while I am asleep I will be visited by three ghosts. First by The Ghost of Benadryl Past. Then by The Ghost of Alarm Clocks Present shortly followed by The Ghost of Get Your Butt to Work! Have a nice Friday and in case something happens to me before I can blog again - have a great Christmas. I really don't ever feel alone when I know that you keep stopping by here to visit with me and I really do appreciate your presence (get it? presents/presence?). TTTT...MITM (hopefully out of spamming-town). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment