Friday, January 31, 2014

SUPERB OWL!

Can't get sued for that one, right?
Anybody who watches any number of the, so called, reality shows must know that they are at least 90% scripted. Fabio watches Pawn Stars so, I have seen many episodes in passing. In the most recent episode Chumlee and Big Hoss, two of the main characters, said they didn't want to work this Sunday because of "The Big Game." I know the people who own The Super Bowl name won't let people use their name but, who would call it "The Big Game" in private life like this is supposed to be? I think it's dumb that people can't use the name Super Bowl. We all know what they are talking about.

I think the Broncos are gonna win The Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned Sunday. Colorado (Denver) was the first state to legalize recreational marijuana  -Washington (Seattle) was a copycat.

Why can't we just agree on one New Year? There's our New Year (whatever that is officially called), there is: Chinese New Year, Cambodian New Year, Thai New Year, Islamic New Year, Jewish New Year, Burmese New Year... I could literally go on for about five minutes. Supposedly, today begins the Lunar New Year. This one is base on the Gregorian Calendar. No wonder nations cannot get along; the sun and the moon cannot even agree on something so simple. This may be why there is all of the talk that Christmas should really be in September. Maybe Jesus was really born in September BUT, maybe September is supposed to be where we think December is on our calendar?
Commercials coming?
We did not record the podcast last night. Cha Cha was feeling pretty sick. Maybe this afternoon? Maybe not. Life sure does get in the way of our hobbies doesn't it? It would be awesome if the podcast was our job one day. I am looking into a service whereby we could get paid for commercials on the show; that would at least cover our monthly costs for hosting the show; that's a start. I hate commercials but, I do understand why they exist. I would not have commercials on a premium service (one that the listeners/viewers paid for) though. That's why it drives me crazy that cable/satellite television has advertisements. The terrestrial networks on cable or satellite services having commercials makes sense because they are also still obtained through the airwaves the old fashioned way too. The ones that can only be received through satellite or cable means, however, make me matty batty; thank goodness for the digital video recorder (DVR). At this point I am only looking into ads; I would want to be able to choose spots of products I believe in. I would not advertise for things that I/we am/are against or poor products. I would rather just keep doing this as a hobby. I guess I am not the TOTAL whore that I thought I was.

Since this is my only FULL day off of the week my dance card is pretty full today. It kinda sucks that I really only have one day a week where all 24 hours of that day are my own. Thursday is my Saturday and I work the first six hours of that day. Then Saturday (my Monday) I go back to work even though I only really work for one hour and 59 minutes of that day (22:00 - 23:59). The rest of the hours of that shift fall into Sunday. I have never really been like everybody else in many ways so, it makes sense that I would be non-traditional this way too.

That being blogged, I should probably end here now. A nap today would be nice (though unlikely); I woke up in the MIDDLE of the night and couldn't get back to sleep for a couple of hours (probably a bad dream from a bad deed committed in a former life). Thanks a lot for stopping in. I probably won't blog again until Monday. Nobody will read this on Superb Owl Sunday anyway! Enjoy your weekend (provided you have a traditional weekend). TTTM...MITM (out) TA!

2 comments:

  1. Consequently, starting in the amount of electronic marketing strategy, is whenever a company's existing website, which will be to review the present site and its purpose is to improve the potency of the future. There is no evidence that the development and implementation of a method to be significantly different way of electronic marketing. Strategic planning for enterprise development or strategic marketing to comply with the established framework should still be
    recreational marijuana Washington DC

    ReplyDelete