Friday, January 24, 2014

The Big Blog (The Super Blog would be copyright infringement)

Going to the Bulls' game is going to be so much fun tonight. I will be stuffed-up and coughing most of the time and then, when the game is over, I get to walk to the car in sub zero temperatures in THE WINDY CITY! Yes, I know what "the windy city" really means but, it really is the other kind of windy too in the winter. Then I will sit in a three mile-long parking lot before I get to the expressway in who knows what kind of weather. Jeff and I were just driving for about twenty minutes and I was excited to see that the outside temperature is not in the negative numbers. When we started on our expedition it was ONE DEGREE and, by the time we got home, it was down to ZERO! How come we pluralize zero when we mention it. Why is it zero degrees? The "s" indicates that it is more than one yet, zero is not more than one degree. Shouldn't it be zero degree? We do say "it's zero out" too don't we? I guess there are no degrees so it does make sense both ways.

I am a bit crabby because I am sick. I am a baby when I am sick. I am a baby most of the time but, it is worse when I am sick. The worst part, right now, is the stuffed-up nose. The cough and sore throat suck too but, the stuffed-up nose is the worst. Sure, as I blogged that I coughed and now I am reminded that the cough and the sore throat suck too (no pun intended). It all stinks (it may stink - I can't smell anything). I have had an ear ache for about a week so, I knew something was headed my way (no pun intended).

I was up late getting the podcast edited and I finally got the show uploaded this morning. Dirty Laundry Podcast - Load #141 Podcasters In Cars Drinking Water is up for your enjoyment. There is a lot of very valuable information on the week's show. I guarantee you will learn something or twice your money back (back to zero.... what is twice zero again?). No my formerly stuff-up nose is running. BRB - gotta get a tissue.

I hate having to set alarms on my days off. I had to get up this morning to take Fabio to school. He usually drives to school but, he has an orthodontist appointment and his school will not let them out without a parent or guardian picking them up (signing them out) unless they are 18-years-old. He just turned 17 two days ago so, he can leave without me picking him up in 363 days. I understand the logic behind that rule but, it shouldn't apply to me.

I found out how to get the podcast and the blog in the news... I have to get a DUI. Justin Bieber got a DUI and now he is all over the news. I guess you have to be famous before you get the DUI for this to work though huh? I am fairly certain that, if I got a DUI, I would lose my job. Then, without the famous thing to back me up, I guess I would pretty much be screwed. Okay, I have to come up with another way to make the podcast go to the next step. I could get a DUI while driving over Bieber; that would do it. The podcast and the blog would be instant sensations. I would probably also be a world hero for ridding the world of Bieber. And, I would have lots of extra time to blog and podcast from my jail cell. Man. I can only imagine the interesting guests I could find in the joint. Now I have a plan - and a runny nose again. BRB with a roll of toilet paper. Awesome, I found a box of tissues. Now I have chapped lips too from being a mouth-breather. I am a mess.

I probably should have waited to change my days off until after the Super Bowl Big Game. Damn it! It still baffles me that advertisers have to call it The Big Game. We all know what they are talking about so, why not let them promote it by using the actual name of "The Big Game?" Stupid.

I am going to try to get a few minutes of sleep before the orthodontist fun. I have to bust him out at 11:30. Getting the show up made it so I didn't get too many winks. I cannot wait until my weekends are actually Saturdays and Sunday. It will happen one day and it is getting closer all the time. They are adding more Monday - Friday day-time shifts too. I am optimistic and patient. Have a great day. Try to stay warm if you are in the MIDDLEwest (or anywhere else cold). TTTT (93%)... I cannot believe this is my Sunday already. weekends go so by so quickly. MITM (coughing and sniffling out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment