Monday, January 20, 2014

Continental Blogfast

What is the deal with Continental Breakfast? Why is it called "Continental?" At what point is in no longer just a buffet and it becomes Continental? Does it mean that it has food just from North America?  No Swiss cheese? No Belgian waffles? I think Canadian bacon would be fine because Canada is on North America. I slept very well last night. I am not stuffed-up this morning as I usually am when I wake up. Is my house too dusty? Am I allergic to something in my home? Did the firmer MATTress open my nasal passages more? I had the temperature set at 70 degrees - is that the reason? There are so many variables in so many things. What is Martin Luther King Jr. was still alive? (where in the Hell did that one come from?) It is the anniversary of his birth today. He still would be considered a great man had he not died so young but, what is it about a violent young death that makes people greater? It happened that way with John Kennedy too (do you know which John Kennedy I am talking about if I leave off the F?).

As I woke up this morning and walked in the dark to the bathroom, as I do every day as a man in The Middle, I saw a piece of paper slid under my door. I just left it there and assume, because I am in a hotel, that it is the bill but, I have not even looked at it yet. What if it is a note from/about something or someone who could change my life for the better forever and I just left it lying there? Maybe opportunity knocked and I was asleep so opportunity just left a note for me to contact it? It seems odd that, with people being so weird about their privacy these days, they would still slide a piece of paper under your door that lists your name and home address on it - half of the note still exposed to anyone who could walk by in the hallway. Obviously, since mine still lies there, I am not one of those people. I am blogging myself into wanting to go get that note from the Cosmos but, I will fight that urge. Right now, right here, I do not want anything else so, I will leave that note lie there.
My mind really does seem clear this morning. I had forgotten how great this feels. I don't seem to have a care or worry in the World. I know those things that cause the worries are still out there but, for some strange reason, they are not worries right now. I like this feeling. Now I just need to figure out the combination. I did sleep for almost six hours straight - mighty unusual for me. I have not listened to the news, even in passing, for a couple of days and all they do is try to bum us out and scare us. It could be something as simple as the sheets I slept on last night have a higher or lower thread count whatever the Hell that means. I am sorry for all of the self-discovery and exploration today. That's probably why I started this blog about 956 blogs ago anyway so, maybe, I am getting back to my Matt In The Middle roots.

I am very excited about recording the podcast in the car for some reason. I like to try new things. I have driven many times and I have podcasted many times but, I have never tried them together. There is only one time that you can do things for the first time and today is the day for that thing. It could lead to good things and it could lead to bad things but, it is new and exciting for me at this moment in time.

I always wake up before everybody else n the road. I usually leave the room and go find something to do in the hotel or town I am in so as to not wake other people. Having my own room and snoring as loudly as I wanted to and not having to be quiet or keep the room dark is very liberating. I see why people beyond the MIDDLE have their own separate rooms as they get older. I live my life trying to be too courteous. Is this what they mean by living your life for others?

I am just writing about the same types of things over and over now so, I will start. I would usually head over to see what is going on in the world to spark blog ideas but I do not want to Bogart my blog. Have a great day (for the second time in less than twelve hours). Thanks a lot for reading my self-exploration today. Have a great day off if you are celebrating the life of a great man today. I am speaking of Martin Luther King, Jr., not me though I do appreciate the thought. TTTT...MITM (remember that if I die today and this is the last contact you have with me - I was/am in a great place). And, read this at my funeral because people might say I predicted my death or I was Nostradamus reincarnated or something. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment