Wednesday, January 15, 2014

From a Tuesday Point of View

I talked to my Sgt. last night and, it's official, beginning next week I will have Thursdays and Fridays off. It
Insert Tuesday here
doesn't take much to make me happy. I was initially only excited about having Thursday and Friday nights off because Thirsty and Friedday are good nights to go out. Then I realized - Thursdays and Fridays are two of our busiest nights; that's a bonus in a way. I am trading those for Sundays and Mondays which are two of our slowest. I like being busy at work so, I have mixed feelings.  Our busy days are more high-risk for many reasons too. Maybe my CFS's will go down but, it will be worth it. I cannot believe that, at the MIDDLEish of my life, I am excited about going out on Friday nights. I bet it was easier getting a table on Monday nights. The first week, next week, will be kinda cool; I am off this coming Sunday and Monday, I work Tuesday and Wednesday, and then have Thursday and Friday off. Everybody's working for the weekend from a Tuesday point of view. I think I just combined Loverboy and The Kings. I could have just thought, "nothing MATTers but the weekend" and left Loverboy out of it but, I didn't. I may have to download This Beat Goes On/Switching To Glide; I've always liked that song (songs). 

Now we have to juggle when we record Dirty Laundry Podcast again. We can still record Sundays I guess. Recording only takes an hour or so. It's the editing that takes all the time. That, however, can be broken-up and doesn't need to be done all at one time. Maybe with my new nights off I can do more exciting things to talk abut here and on the podcast?
Twelve ounces was like a shot glass to Andre'

Jeff's an asshole. Just saying! I swear he could probably chew through Kevlar

I cannot believe that TNA Wrestling is coming to our town February 8th. It's called "The Road To Lockdown." TNA is an off-shoot of the WWE which used to be the WWF when I went to wrestling back in the day. We always knew it was fake but, it was fun. My buddy Bob's dad was the Vice President of the Illinois Boxing Commission back in the early 80's so we would get to sit right at the table ringside. I had some really cool encounters with Andre' The Giant and Bret "The Hitman" Hart. I wish I had the podcast back then. I am no longer interested in this stuff but, if one of the wrestlers from back in my day were there, I might consider going and seeing if I could get an interview. Now I am sad - I really liked Andre The Giant. I wish he could have been honest about his height though. He was only 7' tall - he wasn't 7'4" like Vince McMahon decided to market him at. Four inches is a lot in some exaggerations though aren't they? The 500 pounds was true though; proof that Hulk Hogan was on roids.

I have been writing this blog for over an hour so, I am gonna stop. I am always so distracted these days. Is it my age or is it all of the other distractions we have these days? I am always doing at least three things at a time. I think it's a combination of both age and all of the technology. We are slaves to technology instead of vise-versa. Thanks a lot for reading in five minutes what took me hours to write. I suppose it's not much different with watching a film or reading a book - months and years to complete and hours to watch/read. 

Have a great rest of today/tonight. I will most likely blog again tomorrow. TTTthen...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment