Monday, January 13, 2014

We Are All Different (thank goodness)

I guess if we didn't have rules child labor would still exist
It's weird to think that I have to be back at work in about 39 hours. With the breaks that they make me take at work I only work 37 1/2 hours a week. How come I cannot work one-day-and-a-half straight and have the rest of the week off? I could easily do that and I gladly would do that. I would even do it without breaks if they let me. I wish they realized that people are all different and we had some flexibility in our society. There were a bunch of lazy people in our history who took advantage of the system that have ruined it for the rest of the responsible people after them. Is it just human nature to try to get something for nothing? Maybe it would be boring if we were all the same huh? I could go for some boring sometimes.

I don't know why I am so melancholy this morning. Maybe it's from the free HBO/Cinemax weekend. I didn't watch much but while I started writing this I turned on the Matt  Boob Tube and Phenomenon was on. There's a nice message in that film. I am a sap for that kind of stuff. Now that I blog about it - I am a sap about quite a few things. There are worse things to be than sappy I think.

I finally got the new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast up last night. I usually try to add some clever statement about that here but, you know about the show by now and you either listen or you don't and like the show or you don't. I hope you listen and like it but, we are all different. That seems to be the theme for today's blog now that I put it into words. I guess I will title the blog now. The world would probably be really boring if we were all the same. Some people would like that and some people would not.

I saw the film American Hustle the other night; it was good. I like Christian Bale's work. He sure does commit to his craft. This is one dude that has a good work ethic. He will gain 50 pounds for a role or lose 50 pounds for a movie; whatever it takes. I didn't see the movie because he was in it but, that was a good thing. I do not generally choose films that way. Sometimes I do but, not generally. It's odd because I will decide NOT TO see a movie because of an actor but I will not decide to see a movie solely because a certain actor is in it - there are a few exceptions to that, of course. Maybe it would decide a tie-breaker if there were two films to choose from I suppose. There was an actor in the film that was a bit distracting to me. Jack Huston was in the movie. Every time he was on the screen I thought to myself, "self, is that the dude from Boardwalk Empire that plays Richard Harrow?" I have never seen his entire face before but, turns out, it was him.

Sorry, I just paid a couple of bills on-line. Why in the hell do I even have those FOREVER stamps?

I have not been feeling well lately. Maybe working outside in this fabulous MIDDLEwest weather has something to do with it huh? When I get done writing this I am going to lie on the couch with some NyQuil or something in my gullet. I am glad I have one more day off before work. I have to train somebody tomorrow night. I hope he/she isn't a douche.

I have blogged myself into wanting to lie down now. I hope I don't go blind. Have a great day and, thanks for being here. I hope you get a chance to check-out the podcast too. That one is easy - it can just be background noise. Let me climb in your ears. TTTT...MITM (out). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment