Monday, January 6, 2014

I AM ALIVE - unlike the WiFi most of the time

I just learned something that I did not know. That is not a rarity but, this is one that I should have known apparently. I guess we have assigned seats in the living room or family room or whatever this room where the television is is called. I need to learn that too. I was in the wrong seat I guess. I have been put in my place - literally.


Season 3 of The Ricky Gervais Show is on YouTube.  I am not sure if watching it there is okay or not.  If this is a pirate thing I would feel bad about watching it. We have watched episodes 1 - 3 so far. I gave a cord now that allows me to watch what is on my computer on the TV. It works great for Netflix

So, tomorrow it is going to be something like -50 degrees Fahrenheit with windchill. Public schools have already been closed for tomorrow.  How come last year we heard things like Snownageddeon and Snowpocolypse but I have not heard any of those marketing catch phrases for this yet? This is suspected to be the coldest day in recorded history.

Those last three were written about three or four days ago but I was not able to publish because of WiFi problems here. All of the stuff we do up in this hizzy is wireless. Does weather impact WiFi? I imagine that it does since those little signals are floating in the air. For some reason it seems to be working well now so I am going to blog while the WiFi is hot.

Last night and the night before I have been on foot patrol at work. Even though it is not -48 degrees with windchill any longer it still was very cold walking around in subzero temps for seven hours a night the last two. Tuesdays and Thursdays are usually my walking nights but, we have had one person quit, one on vacation and two others sick this week so, I got bumped down. My feet hurt. Add to that the fact that I have been adding a room to the basement and my back hurts and I have a sliver in my thumb that I cannot seem to dig out and, I feel like I an getting sick; I am a mess. It's foot patrol again tonight. Maybe later this week someone else may get bumped because I am sick. I am tired of working sick when nobody else does. What does it get me? With seniority ruling everything at my job the answer is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! I have to say that I am glad I worked Tuesday because everybody worked got like 2 1/2 times pay because of our place of employment being closed but we having to work because "safety never sleeps." I put that in quotation marks because it is my saying for 2014 so far.

I was editing the newest Dirty Laundry Podcast yesterday and I got frustrated with the WiFi issues so, I am about 2/3 done. I will probably have the show up tomorrow - just in time to record a new show. If I didn't know that so many people listened to the show around the world I would say that it was more trouble than it is worth. I don't know where that saying came from - the show isn't "worth" anything. That is if we are talking cash worth. I do enjoy doing the show and, there is worth in that.

I pretty much just wanted to finish this blog so you know I am still alive (for now). Have a great rest of your day and, take it for a moron who walks out in the cold 2/5+ of his work life, stay inside where it's warm. I will let you know when the new show is ready. Thanks for being a good friend. TTTT?...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment