Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Winter Homelessness & Peeing

This would be me homeless!
I have a whole new respect for homeless people, vagrants, vagabonds, hobos, wanderers, tramps, drifters, transients, migrant workers... I have often thought that, if I ever became homeless and had to live on the street I would just start walking West or South. What else am I doing? Why would you live outside in a climate that turns fifty degrees below zero? Florida, California, Georgia, Arizona, New Mexico, Louisiana, Tennessee, either of the Carolinas... I can think of many other places I would rather sleep in a gutter than the MIDDLEwest. I would seriously make my way to Hawaii and live with my brother. I realize I could not want the entire way but, I would figure out the rest after walking to San Diego. If a moron like Dog The Bounty Hunter can live in Hawaii and seemly do so well I could be King of the Island. After I got off work at 06:00 it took me a good two hours to thaw out after being in the elements all night long.

Another thing that I noticed about cold weather is that peeing is a problem. It's not that the urine turns to ice cubes it is the clothes.The ladies are always jealous how we can pee in seconds even on a tree or at the side of the road but, cold weather is the great equalizer. Last night I was layered for warmth since I was outside in very frigid weather for about seven hours straight. I had on my regular boxer briefs, my compression shorts, long johns and uniform pants. Up top I had on a T-shirt, a compression shirt, a long-sleeve turtle neck, my uniform shirt, my uniform jacket with the winter lining inserted. Other than the jacket and lining they were all tucked in. It took about five minutes to starting the water flowing. Not to mention, with all of those clothes, there was not as good as a flow and there was stray spraying and such. What a nightmare. The another five minutes to get everything back to where it belongs. We really take for granted the quick spray and go sometimes.
Me at work last night - difficult to pee 
How come gas prices are staying exactly the same this time of year? Around the Christmas and New Years holidays fuel prices were a bit higher and fluctuated based on the typical driving days. Now, that nobody is driving so much, they have brought the prices down about five cents a gallon from then, and they remained EXACTLY the same price - no fluctuation. Soon the weather will break and they will raise the prices because we will be driving more (you'd think it would be the opposite - cheaper when we use more). They will also fluctuate the prices every day. I understand the whole supply and demand thing but, it would be awesome if we could figure out a way to turn the tables on them and gain some control. We are creatures of habit and it just makes it easy for the huge industries to run us lemmings off the cliffs.

I thought Michael Douglas was terrible in Behind the Candelabra. Why the Hell would they give him an Emmy for Best Actor for that role? Do they feel bad because Kathy Jones dumped him? I know they like to give Emmys to big movies stars whenever possible.Was it so he would mention Kirk Douglas on the broadcast? I have seen him in things that I have liked. He was a good as Gordon Gekko. I liked him in: The Sentinel, The American President, Fatal Attraction... He's got some game but, he doesn't really have GAYme.

Oh my goodness, it 18:00 already. I have to get to sleep before work. Happily tonight is my Friday but, I still need to sleep before work. I am sure I will blog again tomorrow. We will also record the podcast tomorrow night. I am hearing so many differing opinions about the most recent show. Some say they cannot hear it well and some are saying they liked the show. I listened again earlier today and I could hear the show fine. We will always continue to experiment with new things like recording at 75 miles per hour in a Fiat.

Thanks a lot for hanging out with me for awhile. I realize it's not too easy to hang out this time of year with all of the layers. TTTT...MITM (warmer tonight because I will be in a vehicle). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment