Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Here's Frostbite!!!!!!

It will be fine - just needs to thaw out a bit
Last night was cold. What adjective can I use to describe how cold it was? It actually needs a new adjective; I will work on that. Most of the night I was in a vehicle training the new guy. One time I got out for about thirty seconds without my gloves on and my hands ached for about ten minutes. It felt like someone took a hammer and smashed every bone in my hands and then, on the open wounds from the hammer strikes, they poured a combination of: tomato juice, salt, molten lava, lemons and sulfuric acid. Tonight I am on foot patrol; I cannot wait. I may wear two pairs of long johns. "Two pairs" doesn't seem right but I think if it is more than one pair it should be "pairs" right? At least tonight is my Thursday.

I am still working on the time-warp of my days off changing again. I will just about get used to these days off and they will change again. The only way I will agree to changing would be for: Friday/Saturday. Saturday/Sunday or day time hours. It's nice to be up toward the top in seniority finally. Thank goodness for attrition.

I hope we can start recording the podcast on Thursdays so I get have the new show up on Fridays or Saturdays. We need to get back to come consistency so we can builds some more listeners.

I am sick of the word "blessed." And people call me a curmudgeon. I don't think people really call me that but they should. Do you know why? because I am a curmudgeon.A self-proclaimed curmudgeon. But, I feel blessed to be a curmudgeon.
Here's the Stephen King Channel...

I am not complaining, I will say in advance just before sounding like I am complaining, but... why do they play Stephen King movies continuously on television? I know with thousands of channels broadcasting 24/7 it probably is inevitable that a film based on one of his hundreds of books is probably playing somewhere. They should have a Stephen King channel. I bet Shawshank Redemption and/or The Green Mile are playing on a television someplace in the world at anytime, all the time. I like both of these films but, come on. There seriously could be a Stephen King Channel (SKC).

So, now there are reports of a school in Honolulu being on lock-down because of shots fired. This happened just three minutes ago. How can anybody be that stressed in Hawaii? There is stress everywhere though isn't there? There was also some kind of a shooting here in town reported in our local newspaper. Right behind the grocery store near our home. I don't know much about it yet but, I will. I got a guy...

I have to head out. There are a few things I have to brave out into the sub-zero tundra to get done. Then, come home to sleep again before I head into the Great White North / Frostbite Falls tonight. I appreciate you stopping in again. I have heard from another person that it was tough listening to the podcast recorded while on the road (literally, on the road). I heard it fine but, the masses (two people for far) have spoken. Too much background road noise it seems. That show did give me a new idea for a story that I may write. I have so many stories in my head but, I can never seem to make time to write any of them. Maybe, after tonight, while I am recovering from frostbite I will have time to write while I am recovering.

TTTT...MITM (our) brrrrrrrrrrrrrr. TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment