Tuesday, January 21, 2014

P B & J - the B is for Blog (James Blog)

Busy weekends go by so much faster than the slow weekends. Weekends spent out of town go even faster than busy weekends. This weekend flew by and today is back-to-work day. I have two Mondays this week - tonight and Saturday night. The good thing about two Mondays means that there has to be two weekends. My two day week starts tonight and then I get on my new schedule. I am not sure why I keep writing about this change of schedule. It may be because I am excited about having Thursdays and Fridays off starting this week or, it could be, so I remember and, have a place to go and check should I forget.

We recorded Dirty Laundry Podcast while driving home from Central Illinois last night. It started out difficult as we were in the tiny interior of the Fiat. We got used to it and, it got worse when we got North of Bloomington at around El Paso. The weather started getting rough the tiny Fiat was tossed if not for the courage of the podcast crew the podcast would be lost (I may have to put a clip of that song in the show this week). I have not listened to the recording quality of that recording yet but, we will probably play it regardless of how windy it sounds. We always try to keep it interesting and fresh with new ideas and, if this becomes a thing, we want to try to take credit as the pioneers who came up with the idea, I may start editing the show later today but I am thinking more likely I will start tomorrow and have the show up on Thursday (my new Saturday, in case I haven't mentioned it).
Maybe we are not so ground-breaking after all

I have a renewed love for peanut butter and jelly. Something so simple and, yet, so delicious. I prefer crunchy peanut butter. Given the choice I would go with reduced fat or fat-free peanut butter but, I have not seen crunchy peanut butter with reduced or no fat. I will deal with that in my mind by convincing myself that I will trade protein for fat.

I am considering cleaning-up my Facebook account again. Every now and then I go through and delete "friends" that are pains in the ass. I know that I have been deleted from people's lists because, in their eyes, I was a pain in the ass or not worthy... I don't take it personally. I know, to some, I am those things and more sometimes. Even to me I know that I am those things many times. There are people who just accept every friend request they receive so they can have lots and lots of VIRTUAL friends. I am more of a quality guy than a quantity guy. Should we choose our Facebook friends the same way we choose real-life friends? Mainly because we are like-minded? I like differing opinions and I like passion but, I don't like when people try to cram things down my throat. I still am not sure if I am cleaning house.

I think I am going to go and listen to see what kind of sound we made last night recording in the car. Good or bad I will, most likely, share it with you within a couple of days. It sounds like another big snow storm (stupid name media gives it later inserted here) is headed to parts of the United States. I hope it comes to the MIDDLEwest. I love listening to all of the whining about the weather. I really do like it. It's entertaining and, I am all about entertainment. Thanks for stopping-in. Stay warm - inside and out. TTTT...MITM (inside and OUT) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment