Thursday, January 2, 2014

Hopefully This Loads

Apparently "closure" doesn't mean "closure."
"Administration Closure" ended today so, tonight it is back to normal at work. Though, for the nest week or so, it will be on the slow side of "normal." I have mixed feelings. The double pay that I have been bankin' for the last two weeks ends tonight which, of course, saddens me. It really was fair to get paid double for a lot of that time because we were under-staffed a couple of the days that I worked but, for most of the time it was slow. I, however, prefer to be busy. I am number six in seniority now and soon one, and maybe two, people are moving to days so, I will be number four at nights. There is a supervisor job being added soon and, the smart money says that I will get that job if I desire those headaches. Ever since I have got out of college I think every job, but one, I was moved into a management position. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing. I am in a Union now so maybe I'd be smart to stay where I am. I will apply either way just to see what it's all about. A state Union employee is a tough gig to leave though. Not as good as it used to be but, still a pretty safe job. Sort of.

I have plenty to write about but we are having internet problems. I think it may be weather related but we have this new "airport" thingy for our WiFi that is supposed to make everything faster that apparently has to get some kinks out of it. I will blog the rest of the awesomeness that I have tomorrow - airport willing!

TTTT (hopefully)


No comments:

Post a Comment