Friday, January 17, 2014

It's Almost Black History Month! Excited!!!

And, here we go!

The next eight days should be pretty cool. I work two, I get two off, I work two, I get two off but, then it's back to the old five-two-five-two... deal. But, with Thursdays and Fridays off then - tonight is my last Friday to work (I hope I don't shot or something - that's what happens in movies sometimes). Even better, one of the those two I get off this coming week I still get paid for. I am thankful to/for Dr.Martin Luther King, Jr. for yet another thing. There is always a sad part of everything, however. I am so congested that, if I weren't such a strong virile man, I would cry. My left ear hurts tremendously from pressure that I feel like I am diving in 100 feet of water and my ear won't pop. My nose is congested and my throat is sore. I cannot be sick for MLK Day! Hey, why don't they change National Black History Month (also known as African-American History Month) to January? Did they just pick February because that's the shortest month of the year? Why is it February? Thanks Obama! I just checked Wikipedia and they say it's also celebrated in Canada and The United Kingdom too. That leads to new questions (you know how inquisitive and nosy I am)... In Canada are black people called African-Canadians? On the other side of the pond do the say African-U.K.ians? In The U.K. Black History Month is in October (31 days)! Hmmmmm. Canada shares February. Wow, I learned something...originally, in 1926, there was just a "Negro History Week." It was chosen for the second week of February because that was the week that both Abraham Lincoln and Fredrick Douglass were born. In 1976 it was expanded to the entire month.Thanks Gerald Ford! Sorry I blew up. Thanks Wikipedia (Sorry, Obama).
I love the Drunk History with these two great men

Who in the Hell is Billy Currington? Yesterday I blogged that professional wrestling is coming to my town. Now, this dude is come here in concert too. His photo looks like he's a country singer; I am not gonna check because, I really don't care who he is. I am not "a little bit country." If you like him, whoever he is, he is coming to my town in March and tickets go on sale January 27th. Even though I don't know who he is maybe I should try to get him on the podcast. I have found that having a podcast is a great way to make new friends; I have made friends of several people I never even knew before they were on the show.

I kinda wish this was next week because the I would be off tonight (I know I am broken record but, I am excited).There is talk of people going for pizza tonight and, as much as I want to go, that is right in the wheel-house of my pre-work sleep. The Lost Sock is gonna be there and I love that dude! For those of you who do not know - a vinyl "record" (also known as an LP or a 45) was a primitive way of listening to music. I still have plenty of them if you need confirmation that they exist(ed). If a record was broken it would either skip or not play at all.

It's getting cold up in this hizzy. Somebody turned the heat down to 61 and, baby, it's cold outside again so, in turn out, Baby, It's Cold Inside. Damn! I forgot to play our version of Baby, It's Cold Outside on Dirty Laundry Podcast again this week. I will make myself a virtual Sticky Note right now to remind myself to play it on this week's show. Anyway, I jacked the thermostat up and it should be toasty again soon.

I have to get a few things done before Hush-a-bye Mountain. Have a great night (it's your Friday though isn't it? so, duh). Thank you for giving me a reason to continuing to write. TTTT (probably)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment