Thursday, January 16, 2014

Like a Ton of Feathers

I am not really in a blogging mood but, I said I would blog today so, here I blog. I thought about trying to get a few more conjunctions in that sentence but my whimsy is low today. I am stuffed-up again and I think I have an ear infection. I have to die of something and this is one of those romantic ways I have always thought would be a good way to go. I must be in a bad lunar cycle because, in addition to that, I fell on some African-American ice last night and my elbow is kinda sore today. I went down like a ton of bricks on my knee and elbow. It would be more fun to say "a ton of feathers" but bricks just sound harder even though a ton is a ton. I don't think it is anything and I had one witness to see me fall so, maybe I will mention it tonight just in case. I am not a person who litigates (I got a big toe cut-off at work when I was seventeen and didn't sue if that says anything) but, I don't want to get stuck with a bill because they didn't salt a parking lot either. My toe surgery was covered by my place of employment. I work in a "Public Safety" building that also houses a medical clinic - that is owned by the same "company" that I work for so, if it comes to it maybe they can just look at my old creaky bones and give me some awesome pain meds. I don't think it will come to that so, I will probably not even mention it anywhere but here right now.
Brian Posehn In The Matt In The Middle Middle

I am watching last week's The Big Bang Theory whilst I write this. Brian Posehn is on this episode. We almost had him on our podcast a couple of times. His people in Hollywood and I were talking about having him here in the studio but we couldn't make the schedules match-up. He comes to our town every couple of years; I am confident he will be here one of these years again soon. Are you impressed that I didn't link Dirty Laundry Podcast here? I figure you probably know about the show by now if you read the blog. I thought that was a good photo of Brian to put here; seeing that this is Matt In The Middle and he is one of the two people in the MIDDLE of that photo and all. He's the dude, not the chick. Is he trying to steal Sheldon's chick Blossom?

It's weird that I chose that photo because last night, after I fell and had worked for about six hours, I watched an episode of Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee with Patton Oswalt. I was on my lunch break at work so I watched the entire 19 minute episode on my phone. I still had eleven break minutes left - bonus! I watched it on Crackle.com (the APP) on my phone. It's kind of like Netflix but it has commercials. It's free to me and I know they have to make money somewhere to have the site up so... I imagine one day soon they will offer an option to pay for the service with limited or no commercials. I heard about the site on the best podcast in the history of hearing! Why do I call my phone "my phone" when I rarely use it as a phone?

I am making pork chops for dinner tonight. I don't eat pork but, I know the rest of the gang here likes chops. I regret that I didn't get applesauce because now I can't call them the Apple Sauce Dumpling Gang. That isn't schwell! Can you be a person in the MIDDLE and not think of applesauce when you think of pork chops? The only time I can is when I am at the store buying the pork chops apparently. After that, I remember the Hell out of it! I am pretty much a selfish bastard most of the time - I am male afterall - but this is proof that I am not THAT selfish. I eat apple sauce and don't eat pork chops but, did not get apple sauce. There may be hope for me after all.

This has nothing to do with anything but, I think Jack Nicholson is the worst fake laugher in film. He is a great actor but, cannot fake laugh worth a crap.

Tonight is my Wednesday. I may have to have a couple of shadows again tonight. Tuesday night I had two trainees and I may have two again tonight. I don't mind training but, given a choice, I would rather not. It cramps my style and slows me down, man. Just three days until my weekend and this will be my last Sunday-Monday weekend. Ironic given what day Monday is - "free at last, free at last, thank (blog) almighty I'm free at last." To commemorate my moving to Thursday-Friday weekends I will celebrate by being covered in Champaign (no, I spelled it correctly Spell-Check, you idiot).

Hey Josh from Drake & Josh is on this episode of The Big Bang Theory too. I'm showing my kids' ages aren't I?

I am gonna start dinner for these here guys. I know it's a bit early but, I usually try to sleep from 17:00-21:00. It usually ends-up being about 18:00-20:30 but, I continue to try. TTTT (probably)...MITM (cookin') TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment