Sunday, January 19, 2014

Vertical Travel In The Middle

It's odd how one's view of certain things change depending on circumstances. Most people love Saturdays. I love Saturdays right now because they are my Fridays but, I bet next week, when Saturday is my Monday, I may have a different take on Saturday.

Last week we had a free HBO/Cinemax weekend. I mistakenly started watching the series premiere of a new series on HBO (mistakenly because I don't have HBO regularly). What was I thinking? True Detective stars Woody Harelson and Matthew McConaughey; I like both of them a lot and the series really intrigues me. Turns out I am writing this blog from a Hilton and they have free HBO and, guess what is on right now? Yep - the second episode of True Detective. I am going to have either get HBO, wait for it to come out on DVD, Netflix or Crackle, forget all about it... or, stay in a hotel every Sunday. But, damn it, this is my last Sunday off - Thursdays and Fridays are my days off starting this week. Splenda said there is something called HBO Go. It looks like, if you have HBO, you can get this for your mobile device. I just found out what the B in HBO stands for - BOOBS! Now the decision is even harder.

We are in Champaign, IL right now. Splenda took the train up here and we drove down this morning. It's cheaper and easier for us to buy her train tickets and meet her half-way so we can see her. It does a heart and mind very good to see one's children when they don't see them on a regular basis; I know many of you know what I blog about. When I got  off work this morning we got in the car and hit the road. I made it to about El Paso before I got to the point that I could not stay awake any longer. We got off the road and switched drivers and I slept for about an hour on the road and woke-up when we were entering town. I am still tired but that hour of sleep helped quite a bit. I bet I snore really loud tonight though - that's why they got me my own room I guess. I was gonna share with Fabio but he decided to stay at home. Saves money of boarding Jeff I guess.

Tomorrow, on the way home, I think we are going to record the podcast. That is correct - we are going to actually record Dirty Laundry Podcast while in the car travelling half the vertical state of Illinois. Should be exciting. We will only record for an hour or so but, we will record while travelling an hour of the vertical state of Illinois. I need to make some notes tonight or tomorrow morning for the show; we didn't bring the studio board. I think we are going to be remodeling Kajunkles Studio soon. The Lost Sock is gonna help me make it more studioish. Actually, I will be helping him since I am a building trades moron. Maybe, if this recording in the car thing works out, we will no longer need a brick and mortar studio?

I have been sick off-and-on the last few weeks. Stuffed-up nose sometimes, runny nose other times, head ache, sneezing... I have had a sore throat but, now I realize that isn't a symptom. I remembered that I burned my uvula. I was making dinner one night and tasting the food for proper spicing... and some of the food (I think it was rice) stuck to my oral punching bag. I quickly got some liquid in there to extinguish the flames but the damage had already been done. It's like a house fire that was contained to the kitchen but, the kitchen still needs to heal!

I am pretty tired so, I am going to head to bed. I may blog again in the morning but, it his unlikely. The morning will bring Martin Luther King Junior's birthday. I will be getting paid to podcast (holiday pay); I am going to add PROFESSIONAL podcaster / recording artist to my resume'. I am better that Bieber and Cyrus in my opinion. Have a great MLKJ Day tomorrow. Thanks a lot for coming along on my road trip and I will let you know when the recorded part of the trip is ready for listening pleasure. If we die in a fiery crash the podcast will double as a in-flight voice recorder or something. TTTWEIBA (whenever I blog again)...MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment