Friday, August 31, 2012

Blog! I'm Gonna Blog Forever!

I went to Sportclips yesterday as predicted on yesterday's blog and I got everything but the happy ending though I was pretty happy at the end. I got a haircut, of course, but then after that I was taken to a room in the back. I had been to one like that in Las Vegas at the Spearmint Rhino but this was a little different; they had the lights on here. I sat in the chair and she (Ashley - is that her real name or her hair-cutting name?) went down by my feet and raised a foot stool thingy and hit a switch that made the entire chair vibrate. Then she put a hot towel on my face that smelled like wintergreen (I love wintergreen). While that was all going on she massaged my scalp and then got out a vibrator and massaged my neck and shoulders. All this and ESPN was playing on five televisions within my view. Install a pole and I will get a haircut once a week.

A couple of nights ago I rented The Dictator. I am a big fan of Sasha Baron Cohen (SBC). I liked Borat and I liked Bruno and I liked him in Talladega Nights so I figured I would like this one too. It made me laugh out loud a few times but it was not as good as his previous two films. I think the hardest I laughed was before the film started a photo of Kim Jong Il came on and the words read "In Loving Memory of Kim Jong Il." I don't know why but that cracked me up. I just like the shock-factor of SBC's movies the most. I was surprised that Ben Kingsley was in this movie; hasn't he won a couple of Academy Awards? I am just guessing and not going to look but if he didn't win for Gandhi and Schindler's List he was robbed. Hey, when are the Academy Awards? I think we should try to see all of the films that are nominated for Best Picture this coming awards and do our own Academy Awards show on Dirty Laundry Podcast. Anna Faris was in the movie and I have "liked her long time." If you are an SBC fan I think you'll like this film okay but you probably won't love it. I liked it - did not love it. Charlie Chapain's version was better though...and A LOT different. Also surprising me in the film (not Chaplin's) were: Megan Fox (funny part), John C. Reilly (big fan), Garry Shandling (very, very big fan) and Edward Norton (a huge fan). There were also many former Saturday Night Live alums in the mix.

Did you hear that the original Glee is going to be a television series? It was called Fame and I heard that they are currently casting for the new Fame. They said it was gonna "live forever" and I guess THEY were right. It is going to be produced by the people who did So You Think You Can Dance and American Idol. If it is anything like the old Fame it will be more about the struggles of trying to reach fame. I imagine there will be a movie first and then the series...that's how it happened last time. I hope Irene Kara is one of the teachers...that's what I would try to do if I were casting the show.

Have you ever seen the film There Will Be Blood? It's a really good movie and I just learned that there is a film coming out that looks a lot in the same vein called The Master. I originally heard it was a sequel but I am not sure that it is. It is opening on my birthday (September 14th if you're keeping score). Maybe that is only the day of the Los Angeles premiere I am not really sure. It stars Philip Seymour Hoffman, Amy Adams and an actor that looks a lot like a person who vowed never to act again Joaquin Phoenix (oh, it is Joaquin Phoenix). I tend to like these epic-types of films. Speaking of that how come I never see The Razor's Edge anywhere? The Bill Murray one not the original. I think I saw that movie at the theater when I was in college and I really liked it even though it almost ruined Murray's career because the experts didn't care for it. It was really not a typical Bill Murray film and I think the critics want what they want from different actors. I just searched HULU and it isn't there but there is a lot of new cool stuff there that I will probably check-out.
I have to wrap-up because I have to deal with my automobile insurance company. I am so infuriated with them right now. I am still convinced that they are going to make right with their negligence and ineptitude so I am not going to mention them by name but, suffice it to say, that if this situation I am dealing with them about is not rectified the way that I have the scenario played-out in my mind I am going to Geico or Progressive and save the money from having an agency who can screw-up the whole thing. Get rid of the MIDDLEman and there are less chances for errors and get rid of someone who needs to take a cut causing the prices to be higher. And now, when I call, they are playing the holiday weekend card. AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!!

Have a great Frinight. TTTT (probably). MITM (out) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment