Thursday, August 9, 2012

I Don't Think You're Ready for this Jelly! Bloggilicious!

I have just begun the leeching
It's my Monday and I am either sick, my allergies are acting up or I just have a case of the Moondays on your Thursday. I don't call-in sick unless I am nearly dead so it doesn't really MATTer what it is anyway. I have found, over the years, that you cannot win at any job being sick. If you call in sick you're faking and if you go in sick you shouldn't have gone in because, "you're gonna make all of the rest of us sick." At least if everybody else gets sick they know you weren't faking. I only fake at one thing and nobody has suspected yet. I just took some Claritin (ka-ching) so we'll see how that works. If anybody knows of any natural remedy for hay fever or seasonal allergies or whatever they are called let me know. I am tired of getting raped by Schering-Plough HealthCare Products, Inc. and Walgreens. Sometimes a good monetary raping is better than a constant sinus headache.

The new load of Dirty Laundry Podcast is up. I had a problem falling asleep last night (2:30 AM this morning is more accurate) so I decided to listen to the podcast. It must be good because I listened to the entire hour without falling asleep and I knew what it was about. That is not to say that listening to it while trying to fall asleep isn't a good idea because it was soothing. The Agitator and Cha Cha are so engaging that I couldn't doze off.

As I mentioned in my last blog I am going to the World Premier Screening of Carl Panzram: The Spirit of Hatred and Vengeance; I am still looking to fill the car if you wanna go. The filmmaker, John Borowski, asked me if I would like to set up a table at The Portage Theater where the screening is happening to promote Dirty Laundry. I had thought about it but I am not prepared to do that just yet and Cha Cha isn't even going with me. I know Jay Cole would bring in a crowd as he is a very engaging person and probably was P.T. Barnum in a past life but I would feel weird I think. Maybe for his next film we could record a show live (actually recorded live) on the red carpet. It makes me think that maybe we should have something to sell. I actually could have burned several of the shows when John Borowski was on the show to sell? T-shirts? Dream dates with Cha Cha? Auction-off a co-host for a week? The Agitator in a dunk tank? Maybe I will wait until we get on the forthcoming radio network that is still dangling out there. The head of the new network is going to be at the screening too so I may have a chance to schedule him on the podcast so we can discuss it with you listening?
I don't think Chicago's ready for this jelly!!!
Did you hear about U.S. Olympic runner Manteo Mitchell. If you have not heard of what he did be prepared to feel bad about every time you complained because you didn't want to work-out of do yard work or whatever. Mitchell was running in the 4X400 meter preliminary relay Thursday which might be today in England or tomorrow in The U.S. of America (I am not really sure the conversion rate). He said he felt a "popping in his leg" with a half a lap to go and just kept going; he had broken is left fibula. He finished the race with a broken leg and the said, "I figured it's what anyone would have done in the situation." I guess if he means if anybody in the position were a world-class athlete who had trained their entire life for this moment I suppose he was right but most of us would have hobbled-off wincing in agony. The U.S.A. tied for first in the event. I smell big time endorsement money from some medical product company...maybe he can promote Claritin? At least Icy Hot or Advil or Nike... can I be this dude's agent for just two days please? Rumors of him being on Dirty Laundry Podcast can not be substantiated but we are not denying it. Until this dies down go ahead and spread tat rumor.

I have to wrap this up because I have lots to do and I'd like to get 25% of it done before I have to go to work. I hope you have a great night and a good morning tomorrow. I am fairly certain that I will blog tomorrow. If you want to go to the film screening let me know. I can just about guarantee I can make sure you meet a world-famous filmmaker; seriously. Thanks for stopping by and for listening to the podcast - I appreciate you mucho! TTTT...MITM (movin' my bootyliciousness) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment