Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Like a Good Blogger....MITM is There!

It's my Saturday so things are pretty good. I have been running quite a bit for the last couple of days so I am happy it's here.

My fantasy football draft is next week and I am still on the fence. I was off the fence and leaning toward playing but now I jumped back on the fence and leaning toward not playing. I need to decide definitively right away so they can find someone else if I decide not to play. I have a good team (we are a dynasty league which means you keep whatever players you want from your previous year from year-to-year) so getting somebody to take over my team would not be a problem. My quarterback is Aaron Rodgers and my back-up quarterback is Tony Romo...not too shabby.

I have the television on right now and a show called The Week The Women Went just came on. It is a show about a town called Yemassee, South Carolina where they take all of the women out of town for a week and see how the men can handle life without women. I believe most men in the MIDDLEwest would be fine but it seems like they picked a town that the men are still thinking like cavemen. They just has a scene in there church and it was EXACTLY like the scene with James Brown playing Reverend Cleophus James. There was nobody doing cartwheels down the aisle so there were some differences. This show looks stupid - surprised?

I just got a phone call that Splenda got into a car accident. Someone apparently ran into her. She is alright but as a father you don't want to hear that your daughter got into a car accident six hours away. Maybe it's better that way because if it were in town I would have raced over and then she wouldn't have learned how to deal with these things on her own. Right after I typed that I got a call that they don't show any insurance on that vehicle. So, I had to call our insurance company, and straighten this out. They apparently dropped the HHR when we added the FIAT even though we had multiple discussions about this with them. I am not going to mention the company's name because they did contact the police officer in Carbondale and acknowledged it was their fault and Splenda did not get a ticket for driving without insurance. Yeah right, I am having my daughter drive a car six hours each way to and from school and I am not going to have insurance on it? All of these companies send you so much darn paperwork and birthday cards and crap who has time to read it all? We even went into the office, Splenda and I, when she was home and spoke to the insurance guy in person. It was all part of them not being able to find the FIAT in the system because they had a FIAT listed under Chrysler. And we had to check her grades so we got the good student discount... Now they just called me to start a new policy for the HHR. Funny how life changes a blog in a MATTer of seconds. I guess their screw-up saved me some money though since apparently the automatic payments that I have been making haven't included that car since March. Wow, now the insurance company called me again and apologized and said he sees where it was their fault and he called their corporate headquarters and they may be calling me to follow-up but he already told them that it was their fault and it fell through the cracks and when they call just to answer truthfully... Him following-up this way makes me feel a little better.  I wonder if they would have been so honest had it been Splenda's fault or someone would have gotten hurt?The company is one of the most well-known auto insurance companies in the country and I appreciate him stepping-up and being honest and putting it on his office just like a good neighbor would do.

Splenda was on her way to work. She took the summer off from her part-time job down at school and this was her first day back and now she was late due to this fender-bender. Luckily, she is a really good employee and they love her there and they will know she is not lying. If they have any doubts she could just say, "go look at my car."

Now I am so side-tracked that I don't remember where I was going here next. We record the Dirty Laundry Podcast tonight and I wonder if this will come-up on the show? The smart money is on yes!

Augusta National is America's most exclusive golf club. (That's code for a bunch of snobs who want to keep the rest of us out) Augusta also holds the biggest of the PGA's (Professional Golf Association) tournaments, The Masters, every year. Until very recently (very, very, recently - like yesterday) only men were allowed to be members of the club. Now women are allowed to belong to Augusta. There was some old sexist dude named Hootie Johnson in charge of the club until a couple of years ago and with him in charge this never would have happened. You would think with a name like Hootie he would have loved the women. Maybe he did but he loved them in what he thought was their place. The two women who were the first two to be allowed to join were former United States of America Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and Darla Moore. Darla Moore is a billionaire and was one of the highest paid women in finance in the 1980's and 1990's. So now you can be in Augusta as a woman but you had better be very rich and very powerful. So now they are no longer sexist just classist. Other members of the club are Bill Gates and Warren Buffett. Here's a list of all of the boring members sorted by state if you're interested. Sounds like a snooze-fest.
NO GOLF FOR YOU!!!!

I have to clean the kitchen and get ready for the podcast. Last night I made tacos (shrimp and beef) and guacamole and my newest creation cilantro corn and the mess didn't disappear while I was at work. So, I had better get that done and then start thinking about the podcast. I also cooked some fish last night because it was on the verge of going bad and I wanted to get it cooked before it did. Now, tonight I just have to warm that up and figure a side dish. Have a great night and thanks, as always, for spending time in my head and my life; I appreciate you mucho. TTTT... MITM (puttin' on the dishwasher Dirty Laundry Podcaster hats) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment