Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Oh, You Good Leslie You!

I just loaded the new Dirty Laundry Podcast and sat down here to write this here blog and I usually turn the television or the radio on because I need all of my senses overloaded all of the time. On the show we talked about Natalie Wood and guess what movie is on when I turn on the television? The Great Race starring Jack Lemmon, Tony Curtis and yes, Natalie Wood. I have always loved this movie. I think I first saw it in a film class in college and have loved it ever since. I don't think I have thought about Natalie Wood since maybe Christmas when I saw Miracle of 34th Street until last night when we podcasted about her and then here she is. I am convinced that the podcast rules the universe; at least mine anyway. Another thing I just thought of is that we talked about women gaining power in golf and other parts of the world and a big part of this film is about her trying to prove that she is equal to any man... curiouser and curiouser. Peter Falk too...woman, what a cast. Keenan Wynn, Vivian Vance (Ethel Mertz), Larry Storch (Agarn)...

Maybe I am missing something but Best Buy is reporting a 90% drop in profit for the second quarter of 2012. They reported making $260,000,000 a year ago and this year they reported $17,000,000. We all know that even with that they are still making money but what could be the causes of a 90% drop? DVD sales are down due to Netflix, HULU... and the like. CD sales are probably never going to be back up with iTunes, Dirty Laundry Podcast, et al. Wal-Mart (but they were here last year). What else? They sell TV's, computers, cell phones, vehicle audio systems... They have a new CEO that is supposed to take-over next month and that is great for him...there's nowhere to go but up. Maybe somehow it was done so the new CEO will come in and look like the savior. I guess the founder of the company has offered to buy the company founder... he must know something too huh?

If anybody has $1,000,000 they want to lend me I saw that Ma Barker's home is for sale in Florida. This is the same home that Ma was shot and killed in. There are still the bullet holes from the gunfight with the FBI that killed Ma and her son Fred. Where in the heck is Ocklawaha, Florida? I had to look and it's north of Orlando (Mapquest says 62.14 miles). Maybe timeshare? Gangster Museum? No, Florida doesn't go for touristy kinds of things. I already have photos of Bonnie and Clyde's grave photos for the walls. Maybe a Batman Museum though that was Ma Parker? It looks like a nice house but $1 Million? It's not on the ocean. I wonder if they'd take $100,000?

I received a dvd in the mail today from and director/independent filmmaker that I met a couple of weeks ago. He wants me to watch the dvd with a couple of his films on it and to review them. I cannot wait to watch them. I hope they're good because I would hate to have to write bad reviews. He said for me to be honest but that's what they always say but they only want to hear good things. The films are called: "Gless" and "The Mockingbird." There is also a teaser clip of his new film in production called "Vivienne."  Maybe we will have another filmmaker on the show soon? Also, it looks like I am going to be planning a film showing in Dekalb. I don't know how I get myself into these things. More details to follow on that last one.

I have to get some things done around the house because it look me three hours to edit the show, I did the errands around town and I have to actually work like a real person tomorrow (5AM). Thanks for stopping by and please listen to the podcast. Have a great night and maybe I will blog tomorrow; I am not sure what time I will get off work tomorrow and how tired I will be because it sounds like it's gonna be a tiring, crappy, no-fun day. TTTT (probably - about 53%)...MITM (off) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment