Tuesday, August 14, 2012

How Do Ye?

Howdy, howdy, howdy. Did you know that word can from "how do ye?" I suppose it was at the beginning of us becoming too busy to say full phrases.

I have to get over and buy some lottery tickets today. I have it on good authority that I will win the Power Ball tonight but I imagine that is contingent on my purchasing at least one ticket. I would tell you on what authority I will win the lottery but then I would not be able to talk about it on Dirty Laundry Podcast tonight.

I just heard that Ron Palillo died. Most of you MIDDLEaged people will remember him as Arnold Horshack on Welcome Back Kotter. Palillo seemed like a nice guy. The cause of his death has not been determined; at least that is the official statement. I have suspicions as to what the cause of death was but they are just suspicions so I will keep them to myself. I know you might think that unusual for me to keep my big blog shut but there is actually more thoughts in my head that I do not write or blog about than there are that I do. Welcome Back Kotter was a huge show back in the day. Gabe Kaplan, Marcia Strassman, Robert Hedges, Ron Palillo, Lawrence Hilton-Jacobs and that other guy who said "what?" - his name escapes me. Roger Rabbit was on there a lot too. Hedges died in January....will there be another dead Sweathog before 2013? It doesn't matter since December 22nd is almost here anyway.

That makes me think (sometimes I do that) how come nobody is talking about the Mayan end of the world coming anymore? I know the talk will pick-up in the fall but that's all anybody was talking about a couple of months ago and now nobody is talking about it; maybe people have come to their senses and thought A) it is malarkey or, B) even if it is true it sounds like there's nothing we can do about it so, oh well.
Olympics. Thank Goddess they're over!
I am off tonight and tomorrow and I couldn't be happier about that but for some reason I feel very restless. I don't know why but I am just antsy. Maybe it's because I have gone to Chicago a couple of times over the past couple weeks and I am big-city-charged back out in the country. I am pretty sure that I am a city mouse living in the country. Also, my left eye has been twitching off-and-on for the last three or four days. I am sure it's just eye strain but maybe it's like a tremor before an earthquake. Our bodies try to send us warnings of things but I have always found it prudent to ignore these types of things and they will just go away. Maybe I am having Olympics withdrawal? Maybe my body is celebrating because they're over! Are you surprised that The United States of America won the gold medal in basketball? I am kind of ashamed of that, actually. I think there should be a push by NBA (National Basketball Association) players to not participate in The Olympics but their egos would not let that happen. They get their asses kissed all of their lives, every day, and there's no way they would pass-up a little more. The world already hates us and now we have to take the most gold medals and throw the best basketball players at them. I am more excited to see young athletes win or people from small countries like Jamaica being the fastest people in the world. The Olympics don't really increase my pride in my country.

Sorry, I had to go out and clean the kitchen and season the salmon for the grill. Now the kitchen is clean and the salmon is seasoned and life is good. I should have started a load of laundry too but that can wait. Maybe I should go start the laundry. Speaking of laundry I have to finish up getting Kajunkles Studio (the name of Dirty Laundry Podcast's studio in case you don't know) done. It is functionable but not very presentable for guests and we have several people who want to be on the show. Tonight and tomorrow are gonna be busy.


I just now noticed that my left eye hasn't twitched since I started today's blog; even while cleaning the kitchen. Thanks for stopping-in and giving my eye twitch muscles a break. I hope you have a great Tuesnight. I just thought that I am not really sure if I want to play Fantasy Football this year. Draft time is coming and it always sounds fun at the beginning but then during the season there are a few idiots that ruin it for everyone... I am leaning toward not playing again. So many tough decisions in life. TTTT...MITM (out to do dirty laundry and Dirty Laundry) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment