Monday, August 27, 2012

Welcome to Illand!

I have no idea why I am even typing other than I am sitting at the computer checking some other things and thought I would blog a little something. It is the weird period of the week that I am more careful what I blog as we record Dirty Laundry Podcast tomorrow and I try not to repeat too many things here that we talk about there.

I finally began reading the book that I bought a couple of months ago. I know I wrote about it here before but I bought Stephen King's novel 11/22/63. That's the name of the book and not when I bought it. I felt I had to buy the book because two people from Massachusetts recommended it at Lee Harvey Oswald's (also, Nick Beef's) grave site. It seemed like some kind of a sign to me. Not to mention that Stephen King is an author that I admire and I have liked his work in the past. I say that because it is true and I am fairly certain that he reads this blog and want him to know that I am a fan. Anyway, so far the book is very good. King is very good at character development and I have a feeling he is going to be a pretty good writer. We discussed this on the podcast when I got back from Texas and Cha Cha pointed out that King;s books, often times, have poor endings and I am hoping this one is an exception. I won't know for quite some time because the book, like most of his novels, is very voluminous and I don't have time to read too often so it will be quite awhile before I get to the ending. I just hope I can get it read before the movie comes out.

My left eye has been twitching off-and-on for several weeks. I am not sure why but it is probably eye strain or my eyes getting as old as the rest of my parts or maybe the twitches are some sort of Morse Code messages from another planet. I did see seven shooting stars in the days so maybe I am being contacted by E.T.s? I imagine I should go to see somebody about it but they will make up some phlogna bologna (phony bologna) thing to bilk me out of some cash. I feel like we work just so we can have money to give to other people. I feel like just living in a van down by the river but I don't have a van.
Illand! (working on it)
The east coast is having hurricanes and the west coast is having earthquakes. I am excited that maybe living in the MIDDLEwest will soon payoff as we will be the new Hawaii or Tahiti soon. If Illinois does become an island I move that we change the name. I have no suggestions but will think about it. We need to start thinking about closing our borders soon also. We have a great spot. We will not be right on one of the oceans but we will be within an hour-and-a-half from three of the four coasts. I should probably start keeping the boat here because it will increase greatly in value when Illand (that's what I am going to call Illinois Island until something better comes along).

I think I am going to quit now. I will write more tomorrow because that is my Saturday and I have to get a few things done today before work. Thanks a lot for stopping in. I hope you have a great Monnight. Hey, Fabio starts school in two days - woohoo! TTTT...MITM (out).

No comments:

Post a Comment