Saturday, August 11, 2012

I'm a Loner Baby! It Must be Pre-Ordained!

Hi there. I know I said I probably wouldn't blog today but BLOG HAPPENS!

Tomorrow is the World Premiere Screening of John Borowski's film  Carl Panzram: The Spirit of Hatred and Vengeance in Chicago and I am really looking forward to it. I am not sure if I am going alone but I know for sure that Jay Cole backed-out and is not going. I don't mind doing stuff alone and I don't mind going to one of the most violent biggest cities in the world country (actually Chicago is not even in the top 25 most violent cities in The U.S. of America but St. Louis, Mo is #3 and Rockford, IL is the #9 - I had to check) so it's no big whoop but it does put a kink in my entourage / posse idea. Oh well, a lot of famous people were/are loners: Anthony Hopkins, Shoeshine Boy, Santa Claus, J.D. Salinger, Albert Einstein, Clayton Moore, Lee Harvey Oswald (he was even called The Lone Gunman), Emily Dickenson, David Letterman, Wolverine from The X-Men (most super heroes actually), Terry Bradshaw, PeeWee Herman, Megan Fox, Muhammad Ali, Frankenstein's monster (most monsters and villains actually), Napoleon Bonaparte, Agnetha whatever from ABBA... I have tried to start a club with the ones who are still alive but none of them will respond to my invitations. I guess we will all just have our own chapters of The Loners' Club. I will hold the meetings for the international chapter here and majority votes of all members present at the time of votes will decide all issues. I never realized that loner and loser are very similar words.

Why do auto insurance companies have the most creative television advertisements?

Cha Cha will be the same age as me in 5 1/2 hours (that is midnight CST as I write this). Then about 28 days after that I will be a year older than her. I have never been very good at math (weird since my name is Matthew) but that doesn't seem right to me.
Do fish drink water? If so they must drink their own urine too or do they even pee? Why am I thinking about fish? Loners is as loners does!

What is so big about Shark Week on Discovery?  I think sharks are cool and I have always been a big fan but how did this happen? Is it really a thing or do they just tell us that it is a thing in hopes that some idiots will blog about it and they get free publicity and then it becomes a thing? Nobody writing a blog would fall for something like that. Bloggers are too smart for that especially if they are losers loners. Didn't Universal Studios just get rid of the Jaws ride in Orlando? Maybe Discovery is opening their own theme park and they bought the Jaws ride. I think an Auction Kings and Myth Busters ride might be fun. American Chopper, Man vs. Wild... On second thought that theme park would suck. Now I am trying to think about which networks would be make good theme parks. I will work on that one maybe for the podcast.

I have to get some stuff done before I go to work. It's cool because tonight will feel like Friday because I am off tomorrow and then I will have to work one day and that will be my real Friday and then I get two days off. My thoughts are making me dizzy and I am afraid I am just getting started to I better stop. Thank you for stopping in. I am pretty sure that I will not blog tomorrow but I said that yesterday. Tomorrow I am even more sure because I will only sleep for about five hours and then "it's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses.....hit it!" Let me know if you want to be my Joliet Jake for tomorrow and don't tell me. " I ran out of gas. I... I had a flat tire. I didn't have enough money for cab fare. My tux didn't come back from the cleaners. An old friend came in from out of town. Someone stole my car. There was an earthquake. A terrible flood. Locusts! IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I SWEAR TO GOD! " TTT whenever...MITM (hittin' it) TA! 

No comments:

Post a Comment