Friday, August 3, 2012

Blog-fil-A (all races and sexual orientations always welcome)!

I sorta promised I'd blog today so I will sorta blog today.

The Olympics are still going on and tennis is happening now or last night or whenever it is/has happening.The cool thing about the tennis is that they are playing at Wimbledon. I am not sure if I like the professional athletes participating in The Olympics. I suppose it is more fun to watch the games but seeing Kobe and LeBron and Serena and Venus doesn't make it seem fair for these other kids who have dedicated their lives to their sports to all of a sudden have to play some of the best athletes to ever play their games. It's pretty cool if you beat them but come on. The Olympics, even though supposed to be about sportsmanship and the joy of playing the game, like most everything else, is about greed and money. For me as a kid that was the thing I liked most about The Olympics - it was about the sportsmanship and the anything could happen factor. That's the great thing about this blog and Dirty Laundry Podcast; they are free and honest...nobody is paying us to be their shills. Even if and when we get real advertisers we will be honest and not tout things we do not believe in.

We talked about Chick-fil-A on this week's podcast and since our broadcast this whole broo-ha-ha has grown and grown. I am not going to say that we were the acetylene that helped make this whole thing grow but you just do the math and come to your own conclusion. I think the biggest tragedy of this whole thing is that a company called Chick-fil-A is dumbing down our society. I realize they are based in Atlanta and maybe they aren't the sharpest tools in the shed but shouldn't it be Chick Filet? Chick No Gays, as I called them on the podcast, has a right to do whatever they want but just imagine if this was against a race of people. Who is the Jesse Jackson or Gloria Allred for the homosexuals? Somebody needs to step up and be their voice. I kind of wish I were gay so I could be that person. How about Cam and Mitchell from Modern Family? I know in real life only one of them is really homosexual but I think they need to make a commercial or something? Where are Rosie and Ellen? I know they have to worry about losing audience and maybe entertainers aren't supposed to use their celebrity for political purposes but if they don't stand-up for what they believe in to help aren't they just doing it for the money too? They have enough money...take a chance to make a change! This is your chance to make a difference. I have to say that even though I totally disagree with Chick-fil-A's stance I admire the CEO for going out on a limb for what he believes in - "closed on Sundays and no gays." I posted Colonel Sanders' response to the Chick-fil-A situation but in case you didn't see it HERE IT IS! I think it's pretty funny! I have never eaten at a Chick-fil-A and I never will.

How come none of our professional boxers are in The Olympics? All of our boxers have been eliminated. There must be a rule about Mike Tyson biting somebody's ear off for free.

Did you hear that MLB hall-of-famer Cal Ripken's mom was kidnapped last week? She was taken from her home outside of Baltimore and driven around in the trunk of her car for about 24 hours. She was found unharmed tied-up in the backseat of her car a day after she was abducted. They have no idea why she was taken. Was someone just tired of the rising gas prices and need the car for a day? I imagine it had something to do with the Chick-fil-A thing.

NASA has hired three companies to begin building "space taxis" to take astronauts to the International Space Station. Car-jacking is going to take on a whole new aspect when these "cars" are done. It would be a lot more difficult to find Cal Jr.'s mom if the taxi was abandoned between Jupiter and Saturn.

I have to take a nap before work so I am gonna wrap this up. Thank you for stopping in and read my rantings. I hope you have a great weekend (what I call Tuesday and Wednesday). It sounds like my days off are going to change soon (the 16th). I don't think my weekend will be the same as yours but maybe it will be closer. I think I will find out tonight what my days-off will be. We may change the days we record the podcast then too. Why do our lives have to work around our jobs? I thought we worked to enjoy our lives but we actually live for our jobs these days. One fight at a time I guess. TTT (maybe tomorrow) MITM (out)

No comments:

Post a Comment