Thursday, November 10, 2011

What is life if not for a little exploitation?

Do you think he has a ponytail?
Tell them what today is Roz/Jamie!

Just a quick blog today because things are kinda crazy. For instance...it's snowing like crazy out right now. It's not sticking but it's snowing just the same. Snow and about 30 mile per hour winds makes me dread the next couple of months. If you can't stand the crappy winter weather get out of the MIDDLEwest!

In about an hour I have to drive the team bus to practice. But I thought basketball was over you might say. Well, it would have been over if Fabio hadn't made the team. That's correct - the would-be team manager made the freshman team. I told you he would but he said he had doubts. I imagine that was a defense mechanism to prepare himself in case he didn't make the team. I am happy he made the team becasue I know now I will have help making him start to lift weights because they will be required to do lifting at some practices. Even though he's almost 6' tall he still weighs something like 120 pounds - he needs some muscle. Remind me that I said that when he is beating the hell outta me in a couple of months.

I saw Bill Clinton on television when I got off of work this morning and I think he now looks like one of America's founding fathers. I have always liked Bill Clinton. And like Justin Bieber "he did not have sexual relations with that woman." Thanks to Michelle H. for that joke. It's a total coincidence that she put that on one of yesterday's blog links when I talked about Biebergate and I saw Bill Clinton today on the tele.
There is "midget wrestling" at a local bar here in town on Saturday night. I saw the sign out front of Starbusters when I drove by yesterday. I think I would like to see midget wrestling but I am not 100% sure how I feel about that. I think I should be happy that they are working in a country where so many are not but I hope they are not being exploited. I would say that most athletes are exploited but when so many professional athletes make millions of dollars a year it's hard to call that exploitation. I am sure it is not indentured servitude but I have mixed emotions. If the place fills up do they make more money so it would be good for me to go? Would I go if it were regular wrestling? I don't think I would even go if it were lady Jell-O wrestling. I think that there is a part of me that wants to go and see if they would be on the Dirty Laundry Podcast so I can get to the bottom of all of these burning questions. I doubt that I will go but is it fortuitous that this is my three-day weekend? You'll have to wait and find out (the same time as I find out).

I am very impressed that Penn State fired Joe Paterno, their head football coach for the last 387 years, amidst the scandal of alleged sexual abuse by one of his coaches. Paterno was loved by all of the Penn State fans and it had to be a tough decision for the University but I am glad they could put the well-being of these young men ahead of football and do the right thing. I heard some of Paterno talking on the radio last night and I sorta wonder if Penn State is doing the right thing because it is the right thing or they saw a chance to get rid of this crypt keeper. The dude can barely talk; how can he coach a football team? Either way it is the right thing to do if there is even the slightest chance that he knew even the partial extent of what is being alleged and put football before these boys.

Have a nice rest of your Thursday and the MITM Blogger's Tour is coming to you tomorrow Wisconsin! Maybe I could have bars pay me and have me blog live or do a live podcast - I don't mind being exploited. Thanks for stopping in...I will blog you up again tomorrow...be ready for it! TTTT...MITM (off the top ropes)

No comments:

Post a Comment