Tuesday, November 8, 2011

A nice rainy Autumn day in the MIDDLEwest. Rain and Autumn...great combo!

It looks like I am going to have to work on Thanksgiving night. It doesn't matter to me because that has always been pretty much a phony-bologna holiday to me anyway.  I never understood the whole idea behind it. I am not a total boob - I get the idea - but it's really about just pigging out and watching football it seems. It's nice to have a day to spend time with family and that's what Cha Cha is going to do. She is going down to spend time with Splenda. Splenda has two part-time jobs now in addition to being a full-time student and both of her jobs are in retail and I think Black Friday is that Friday so I am pretty sure they will want her to work. I would really like to go down and see her because it's been awhile since I have seen her but we both have to work. Maybe I will have to go down there on one of my three-day weekends? I guess I will pretty much be like Fonzie at Christmas (kind of a long video - 10 minutes) sitting alone heating-up a can of Ravioli  before Mr. C. made him come to their house for Christmas dinner. I always loved that episode. Holidays are supposed to have sad parts otherwise how could there be heartwarming stories?

Fabio may or may not be going with her. If he makes the high school basketball team they will have a long day of practice the day after Thanksgiving and he will unable to go to see his sister. From the way he talks there's a real chance that he may not make the team. There are about 45 guys going-out for 20 spots. He said something to me yesterday that made me very proud though. He said that if he doesn't make the team he is going to ask if he can be one of the team managers because he loves basketball and just wants to be around it. He thought that maybe that way he could keep working-out with the team and keep getting better too. I hope he makes the team but I love the maturity he is showing and wanting to do whatever it takes to be involved in something he loves. Michael Jordan was cut from his high school team in his sophomore year of high school and he used that as a building-block to practice tirelessly from there-on-out and that seems to have worked out pretty good for him. The chances of anyone becoming a professional athlete are overwhelming but the lessons and motivations that come from lessons learned in sports is what I have always found the most important part so this is a really big deal for me.

The new Dirty Laundry Podcast is ready. I think it's a pretty good show because I have always found past-life regression and stuff like that very interesting and that's what we talk about this week with Jen st. martin in Portugal who has recently experienced just that. There will be a second-part (sequel) coming up later this week but I figured I will probably wait until Thursday or Friday because if people hear that one first it may seem dis-jointed...and goodness knows our podcast is never dis-jointed.

This coming weekend Cha Cha and I have a wedding to go to. It's the wedding of the flower girl from our wedding. That kinda make me feel old but do you know what makes feel feel like being kinda old more? Being kinda old. I cannot imagine I will ever really "feel" old because I don't feel kinda old. Age is a state of mind and I prefer to live in a sunshine state. I don't mean like in Florida where all of the old people go to live kinda sunshine state I mean sunny in my mind where everything is warm and squishy...I don't mean like in my Depends I just mean like happy..not like when I am on my meds in an old folks home happy... what was I blogging about again?
The Hollywood sign is a nice, appropriate, touch

I am pretty upset with some of the things going on in America right now. Penn State, allegedly, has a former defensive coordinator who was molesting young boys who were there as part of an under-privileged childrens'  program/camp at the university several years ago; so far eight or nine, who are now young men, have come forward. Many members of the University staff knew about these concerns and said nothing. So far things seem to be going-on as if nothing has happened but something will be done soon with all of the pressure the college in receiving but why did it have to come to this? I love sports but not above people and doing what is right.Eeven though nothing has been proven yet the people allegedly involved in the acts or cover-ups need to be suspended until the investigation is complete.
Also,  one of the women who has accused Republican Presidential Candidate Herman Cain of sexual misconduct/harassment, and has received money from that situation, has come forward after getting permission to speak through her confidentiality agreement. For some reason one of the things that bothers me the most about this is that Gloria Allred is representing her legally. The sharks certainly do circle when there is a buck to be made. Hopefully she will have time to handle one of the people in the upcoming Penn State situation too.

I was having a perfectly pleasant and then I had to bring the negative vibes in here and now I am not as happy as I was. Why do people have to keep harshing my mellow? I guess it's me for letting the bad junk in there. I try not to watch much news for this exact reason. Cha Cha is always watching the news in the morning and I glance at it and I wonder why "no news is good news." I think that was originally meant to mean that "if you don't hear from me everything is okay" but now it literally means "NO NEWS IS GOOD NEWS!" More appropriate I guess would be ALL NEWS IS BAD NEWS.

I hope you have a great autumn day. I appreciate you stopping by as I always do. I am going to try to find something to eat. I noticed that with my new sleeping schedule I only seem to eat once a day and I know that is bad. I am off to forage through the kitchen. TTTT...MITM (out on the hunt for food!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment