Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Time to Decide on the Breast, the Thigh or the Drumstick!

Hit it Roz Jr. 
Happy Turkey Eve! Just be forewarned that I am going to put a random photo of a hot chick in this blog because yesterday's blog was the most-read MITM for the last seven days and I am trying to do some blog marketing research to see if it was just the photo of Jenny McCarthy that brought the high ratings. My guess is that sex doesn't sell. I smell a MITM Blogander Girl calendar coming soon...submit your photos today!
Today's blog money ratings shot

I believe that I have become Arthur Fonzarelli. I am the loser who is going to spend Thanksgiving alone though with The Fonz it was Christmas. Splenda couldn't come home from school because she has to work the day after Thanksgiving and she's like six hours away so that would be ridiculous. Cha Cha went to see Splenda but we could not go because I have to work and Fabio has five basketball games Friday and Saturday. It looks like Fabio is going to go with his friend and family over the river and through the woods to his friend's grandmother's house for turkey day. I wonder if there are MATTinees on Thursday?

I cannot believe I didn't realize that yesterday was the anniversary of the Kennedy assassination. He was the President when I was born and this is the props I give him? I remember where I was when Kennedy was shot. Well, I don't remember it but I am fairly certain I am correct. I was in a crib in an apartment in Dossenheim, West Germany. Dossenheim, of course, is about 5 clicks (kilometers), north of Heidelberg. It's just west of the Nekar as you know. JFK has always been one of my favorite Presidents but maybe whoever the President is when you're born is always one of your favorite Presidents? My condolences to anyone born between 2001 and 2009 based on this theory. Maybe if there are MATTinees on Thanksgiving I will go to see My Week with Marilyn in honor of Jack Kennedy. They should have turkey gravy buttery topping for the popcorn on Thanksgiving...much better that Black Fries-day though turkey gravy butter topping might be able to save burnt fries.

We have a new bank being erected in Dekalb (TWSS). Why are we getting a new bank when our country is outta money?Redonkulous!

I am still a lot salty about this call
I heard that they are talking about instituting the instant replay in Major League Baseball for more things than just verifying home runs as it is now. I am totally against this. Even though my St. Louis Cardinals lost the 1985 World Series because of umpire Don Denkinger's crappy call in game six I am still against the instant replay in baseball. And yes the Cardinals would have won the entire World Series had this call not been blown but instead it forced a game seven and the Kansas City Royals ended up winning that World Series. They're gonna wreck baseball just like they have done to the NFL. While I was trying to think of why they would do such a thing I am sure I know the answer....the answer is the same for all major sports decisions...MONEY!!!! More breaks to check instant replays means more time for commercials which means more time for advertisers to pour money into the billionaires' pockets. Aren't ticket prices and food prices and parking prices and souvenir prices... enough? Maybe our new NB&T Bank should have decided to build in a larger city with a MLB team.

You know how the Republicans have been having debate after debate after debate after debate just to try to figure out who will run for President? They have 13 more debates scheduled between now and the end of March. If they cannot even figure out who their candidate is how are we supposed to trust the person that they finally decide on? I am not really sure what the idea behind this is? Is it just so all of their candidates become household names? They have done that and they have gotten a bunch of publicity though it's things like...is she the idiot one?...is he the one who sexually harassed some former employees?...is he the one who seemed drunk and didn't even remember what his stands on issues were? They may as well just have all done Dancing with the Stars and the winner could have been the candidate. 

One of my co-workers last night was calling me Mike all night. I don't know if you remember a while back when someone was calling me Mitch? Maybe I should start going by Matthew since it is more distinct-sounding than Matt. Again, just like last time, I just let the person continue to call me Mike rather than embarrassing them. I have been called much worse things than Mitch or Mike in my day but maybe I should start telling them right away next time but then what would I blog about? Sometimes I like to let life's little dramas play out, as long as they don't harm anyone, just so I can be entertained I think.

Okay, enough for today. Have a great Thanksgiving tomorrow and think about me and my dog - the Blockhead and Snoopy (Maisy is her real name-o) tomorrow when you're surrounded by the ones you love and eating all of the great food while I am having a Lean Cuisine waiting for my showtime so I can sit in the theater all by myself like the loser that I am. I actually love going to movies by myself and this way I will have time to blog tomorrow again anyway. TTTT (ta ta til thanksgiving)...MITM (mike in the middle) out! I think I may really be a loser blockhead after I think of it but good thing I am too stupid to realize it.) Thanks for being here - TA! (that extra T & A is for blog ratings)

1 comment:

  1. You're really bumming me out! For what it's worth we're going to the Giant City Lodge for Thanksgiving Lunch. When I called to make the reservation they were really crabby - Like two people were really putting them out. I kept thinking - they were thinking - GREAT now I CAN'T go home for my dinner....stupid customers. We're going to try to see a movie too.

    ReplyDelete