Monday, November 7, 2011

Life-Span Alert - - - DO NOT QUIT YOUR JOB!!!!!

Hello there and welcome to Monday. I hope the silicon chip inside your head is NOT switched to overload.

Good Monday advise. Even though you may hate your job don't quit today. It's not because it's Monday because if you ARE gonna quit your job I imagine a Monday would be as good a day as possible but try to get fired instead if at all possible. Steve Jobs quit his job and died and now Andy Rooney died shortly after quitting his job. Maybe my whole new theory of not quitting your job unless you want to die shortly thereafter only applies to celebrities but let's wait until we know about this new phenomenon before we test it. But, have you ever noticed how people die shortly after they retire from their jobs quite a bit? I bet Andy Rooney's Rapunzel eyebrows will still grow for another 100 years. I am not one that believes it's bad luck or in bad taste to speak ill of the dead but A) that really isn't that ill and B) we'll see how that works out for me. When I die talk badly about me forever - at least I'll be remembered.

Saturday night Cha Cha and I went out with my buddy Randy and his wife Amy; I guess now we can officially call Amy our friend too. We went to Wildfire in Chicago. I gotta say...pretty damn good. It's always fun to go to the city and it's always fun to eat which is why I am starting to get Fatter Matter again but this place, along with the company, made it even more fun. I will not review it too much because Randy has a blog where he has been on a mission to rate various Chicago steakhouses so I will let him do that. This was his twelfth of the thirteen he is looking to review this year. So go to I'm A Frayed Knott to read his review. I will review my own meal though.... The baked potato was the size of a football. Turns out that footballs don't taste like leather as I would have imagined. It was really good. You might say that if you just ate the inside of the football it wouldn't taste like leather; I am one of those dudes, however, that eats ball and all baby! The outside wouldn't have had rock salt on it if I wasn't supposed to eat it and isn't that where the major nutrients are? Butter and sour cream probably would make a leather shoe taste pretty good though. That's what Matt people always say when they eat everything. I ordered the Fillet Medallion Trio off the specials menu. It consisted of three 3oz. steaks that you could have crusted any of six ways. I went with parmesan-crusted, horseradish-crusted and blue cheese-crusted. In order of preference I have to say the best was blue cheese, the second was horseradish and the third was parmesan. That's all I will say other than we had a great time and Amy and Randy wouldn't even let us pay. I tried...I swear I tried and I tried and I tried to no avail. At least I was able to drive. Thank you Amy and Randy for a great time - now I know what it feels like to be a celebrity blogger/podcaster. I guess that means I cannot quit my job unless I want to die soon.

That toddlin' steakhouse
As I mentioned last week I love my new job. Last night we had quite a bit (QUITE A BIT) of excitement. That's all I can say so think of whatever you find the most exciting thing to you and imagine that happening at your work. Maybe a gross exaggeration but the night went pretty quickly. 

I am doing laundry now and I decided that I am just doing a "quick wash" on the towels. How dirty can towels be? Am I wrong?

I still have lots to do today and it's already noon. Sleeping really does get in the way of my "to do" list quite a bit. I have to get the podcast edited and get it posted and I have to try to get some more shut-eye. The podcast is a little tricky this week because we interviewed Jen St. Martin from Portugal and it was so interesting that the recording is about two hours long. It will surely be more that one show before I am finished I think. I also will have to pick up Fabio at school today because basketball try-outs/practice starts today after school. He's worried about making the team. He has no reason to worry because he's good and he's a 6'-tall 14-year-old who grows about six inches a month. By the time the season starts he should be a 6'6" high school freshman if the current growth-rate continues. I have always found it helpful to doubt yourself a little because it makes you strive to do your best and gives you a little extra "boost" (that wasn't a laundry reference to either actual or in the Dirty Laundry Podcast form).

Have a great rest of your Monday. Thanks for stopping in and to sum up...don't quit your job today, eat steak, read Randy's blog, don't wash your towels very long, pick up your children from their extracurricular activities when they call you, catch up on your dirty laundry podcast before the next one either today or tomorrow and have a nice rest of your Monday. Maybe I should have put the "to do" list first so you could have skipped the rest of the blog and you'd already be half-way done with your list by now....Blog and Learn! TTTT...MITM ( out to do my "todo's" that I do so well) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment