Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Can you believe it's Thanksgiving Eve Eve Already?

I believe (and hope) that it has!!!
It happened again....Tuesday followed Monday. With those two out of the way we are one day closer to the big three of this week - Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Small Business Saturday. I never really thought about small businesses really getting a raw deal on Black Friday until I heard about Small Business Saturday. Black Friday is pretty much for the mega stores who have enough space and staff and merchandise to be able to entertain stampedes of crowds. The small stores probably really miss out on all of the tramplings and fights and lawsuits so they have come up with a day that people can go to the smaller stores to make Christmas purchases. Thank goodness they have a day for it because people would never think of that without a specified day. Do you suppose that if I started a line of greeting cards for Black Friday and Small Business Saturday I could sell them on Whimsical Greeting Card Wednesday? Side note - I hate greeting cards - they're stupid.

I saw a commercial that said McDonald's is serving french fries in the morning on Black Friday. I guess using the "fri" to represent french fries is kinda clever but I have not ever been a big fan of burnt (black) french fries. It doesn't really paint (pun intended) a very good mental picture for me - Black Fries. So they are serving fries for breakfast Friday. Oatmeal and fries? Danish and Fries? I guess it's no different than hash browns but why are they forsaking their hash browns? I smell a potato product class action suit coming from this one and it smells delicious.

Black fries make me think of Black Eyed Peas. There are rumors that the Black Eyed Peas are going to split up? Would that constitute Black Eyed Split Pea Soup? (if they do break up I guarantee you;'ll see someone steal that headline from me). They say they are just taking a break. Ashton and Demi said they weren't breaking up for about two years now and now they are in splitsville. Where there's smoke there's usually burnt Black Eyed Pea soup but what difference does it really matter anyway? I love the Black Eyed Peas but I could manage to go on living listening to Will.I.Am's and Fergie's solo stuff. Those other two guys who knows if they are still in the group? What kind of names are AppleD and Taboo anyway? Or isn't it Apple D Ap or something? I am not interested enough to even Google it.

Jim Carey's Thanksgiving  leftovers!

Here's today's Kardashian News report - - - "WHO THE HELL CARES? Back to you Matt In the Middle."

Jenny McCarthy is advertising for a new boyfriend on Match.com but "no L.A. guys need apply." Is advertising for a new boyfriend advertising for a new boyfriend or actually advertising for publicity when you're a former Playboy playmate? I have a feeling that Cha Cha would be advertising for a new man too if I posted a message like this!!!

I guess I should start thinking about getting ready for work. I hope you have a nice Tuesnight. Thank you for stopping by to spend a few minutes escaping your exciting life to focus on my nonsense; I really appreciate it! TTTT (Thanksgiving Eve - I can't believe we haven't started celebrating that yet)...MITM (off to sign-up for Match.com since I don't live in L.A.) TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment