Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Talk About a Mock Trial!

What's the best cure for insomnia? Blogging I guess. It may not be the cure but it's better than listening to all of the talk about the Casey Anthony trial. I watched a couple of episodes of Gene Simmons' Family Jewels but that didn't make me fall back asleep. I tried Poker After Dark but that just made me feel like playing poker.

The Casey Anthony trial is going to be discussed by everyone for days (years). Quite honestly, I didn't follow the trial but from everything I did hear and see over the last three years led me to believe that she was, without a doubt, guilty. I mainly base that on gut-feeling and all of the lies that she was obviously telling. The jury yesterday, in case you hadn't heard, came back with not-guilty verdicts on all of the biggies (murder, manslaughter, child abandonment) but guilty on the little ones (basically lying to the police and the authorities). I suppose it's what our country's entire legal system is based on - "innocent until proven guilty." Right before I came into Kajunkles Studio to write this blog I heard Dr. Drew Pinsky on Piers Morgan Tonight say that "the prosecution proved that (Anthony was) a liar, a horrible parent and participated in a cover-up" but didn't prove she was a murderer. Like I said, I didn't follow the trial or the news of this but who has a young child missing for 31 days and doesn't report it? My almost twenty-year-old daughter, who is home from college and stays out until who knows when when she's at school, was out past 2:00 AM this morning and I was texting like crazy trying to find out where she was...maybe now we know the reason for the insomnia...I am my own best shrink sometimes. The sickening thing about the trial is now The Son of Sam Law doesn't apply. The Son of Sam Law states that a criminal cannot profit from their crime. Now that Casey Anthony is not guilty of the murder... she can "write" a book (tell her story to a writer more likely) and profit from television interviews and movies... that will sicken me whether she was guilty or not. Hopefully she will get the O.J. Simpson treatment and become a pariah.
Apparently "you must acquit" always

For someone who didn't follow the case I sure had a lot of opinions about that didn't I? I heard that Kim Kardashian tweeted "WHAT!!!!???!!!! CASEY ANTHONY FOUND NOT GUILTY!!!! I am speechless!!!" Apparently speechless doesn't include tweeting. The reason I found this amusing was that her father, Robert Kardashian, was the number two attorney (behind Johnny Cochrane) in the O.J Simpson trial. Now she knows how we felt when her father helped O.J. go free. Speaking of O.J. my friend Mark, who was a prosecution witness in the O.J. trial, says he doesn't want to be on the Dirty Laundry podcast to talk about the trial. I am disappointed but I understand even though it does seem to be relevant again because of this trial and Oprah wanting to interview O.J...

I may have been correct; blogging may be the cure for insomnia as I am getting sleepy. I don't have to wake up for 2 1/2 hours so maybe I will get a few winks after all? Is that bad when the blog puts even me asleep?

As long as I am self-analyzing - I have been feeling lonely lately for no reason. I have absolutely no reason for feeling lonely because I am seldom alone so I am thinking that it is another feeling that I am confusing with loneliness but I have no idea what that could be. I will figure it out eventually and will let you know. Most likely I am tired and it will just go away?

I want to try to end on something positive because a lot of this blog has been shrouded in negativity and I am not usually a negative person (at least publicly). Let me think... Prince William and Katherine seem to be happy together. They are in Canada and will be coming to America very soon. That's the only happy thing I could think of with no sleep. I will do better next time. How about "blogger discovers that happiness is linked to proper sleep?" I am happy that you read this (there's some happiness). Alright, I am gonna get out before I dig a deeper whole (not a typo) for myself. TTTT...MITM (off to slumber island for 1 hour and 8 minutes?)

No comments:

Post a Comment