Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Happy 5th of July!!!!

Willy's New Movie
Tuesday is here already. I told you that I was going to blog yesterday but things don't always turn out as we plan. The day started out early like they all do. I was planning to get Dirty Laundry Podcast uploaded early but since, for this week's show(s) we interviewed Illinois Ghost Hunter Willy Adkins, of course, there'd be a Ghost In The Machine. Now that I write the title of The  Police "album" so many songs from that record fit. Too Much Information - the interview was so interesting we went kinda long (TWSS) and I decided to break it up into two podcasts. Every Little Thing She Does is Magic, One World, Darkness, Spirits in the Material World, Secret Journey... It would have been fine but the computer or Podomatic or something didn't want me to upload the show for some reason. It was saying the file was like 10,000,000,000 megabytes. Of course, I figured we had discussed something that "the spirits" didn't want out there into the "real world." We may have tapped into something there. I had worked on it for about five hours yesterday morning and then I got a call that someone didn't show at work and would I come in. Of course, I went in. The whole time driving there I was thinking, "could a spirit call me and impersonate someone from my work." Of course they could...I may be driving into an ektoplazmic nightmare. Cha Cha worked her every little magic while I was gone (she's the computer Rain Man of the house) and got it up (TWSS) while I was at work. With all the time that I had spent editing it and then if it hadn't gotten up that would have been very grave indeed my friends, very grave indeed. Willy Adkins from Illinois Ghost Hunters was very interesting. If you're not afraid of a ghost in your machine I think you'll really like this week's shows.


Do you suppose people just went back to their daily lives on July 5th, 1776 or do you think they got most of that week off of work?
Methinks the baby won't go hungry

It was great to have several friends over Sunday night for a fire with smores and hot dogs (and veggie burgers for many of us vegetarians) and sangria... I never really thought about it until typing this but it was probably a lot like a Revolutionary War encampment. Well, the fire part was anyway. I'm sure George Washington's soldiers had macaroni salad and pretzel sticks right? And the women outnumbered the men at least two-to-one?

I heard a report this morning that Victoria Beckham (formerly Posh Spice of The Spice Girls - do you think she hates that?) "has not given birth." If that's news I believe our news programs would have an easier time filling their 24-hour news cycles. Guess what? Matt Helser has not given birth. What kind of story is that? I have written for newspapers and news for television and part of the challenge was always trying to find a story; apparently that challenge has gone away when things like people not having babies is news. "Here's a list of people who have NOT given birth since yesterday's non-birth report..."

I am going to have to cut this one short today because I have an appointment this morning. I think I have more than over-compensated with all of the blogs that were so long that you may still be reading some of them. Have a great 5th of July and make sure to listen to the podcasts via the link above or on iTunes (Dirty laundry Podcast). I would love if you'd join me in that paranormal investigation in Rockford at the end of this month that we discussed on the show...I don't wanna die alone. We're talking Native American burial ground - like Cha Cha mentioned on the podcast - that's Poltergeist kinda stuff. Have a super day and I'll catch you tomorrow. TTTT...MITM (misting away).

No comments:

Post a Comment