Thursday, July 7, 2011

Back On Track- Poymanent!

A great magazine
Happy Thursday.  It doesn't seem possible does it? Thursday already. One extra day to get the garbage to the curb this week though.

I am kind of sore this morning, but it is that good kinda sore. I hadn't been working out as religiously over the last month or so as I had been for the past year. That, coupled with not eating as well, has made the scale not quite as good of a friend of mine as she'd been over the last couple of years. My food vacation (staycation) is over. So, yesterday I did a full workout and I am feeling it this morning. I have to head-off this bad habit (more like lack of good habit) before it becomes permanent. (Every time I think of the word permanent my mind says it "poymanent" like Burgess Meredith/Mickey in Rocky).  I hope today stays nice so I can ride my bike down to the farmers' market and shop for dinner like they do in European movies and like I did last summer. Cha Cha says whenever we shop and carry stuff home either on bikes or walking that we have to have a giant loaf of french bread. They always have a loaf of french bread sticking out of the bags in old movies. I may make it a more healthy update like celery stalks or carrots or something along those lines. I saw a new recipe in Food & Wine magazine for ceviche lettuce rolls that I have wanted to try and this may be the day. I will share the recipe, after I make all of my changes/tweaks, if it tuns out good. Why does a guy who doesn't want to get fat again read Food & Wine? It was a free subscription and it's my Playboy I think - I am infatuated with food and drink like some may be infatuated with what Hef has to offer. They also sell wine at the farmers' market so maybe that sticking out of the bag would be good too.

As long as I am on the food kick I have some news for all of you people that can eat whatever you want and not gain any weight. I heard that there is an invention in the works that will allow you to design your own chocolate creations and print them right from your own computer IN CHOCOLATE and really eat them. Most of the inventions that come to fruition have been from The Jetsons. It's about time that some Willie Wonka inventions are happening.

While I was down making Fabio his breakfast this morning I heard on the news that experts are saying that eating protein before working-out will make your body burn fat and calories up to two hours longer after your workout. I already have a protein problem and now I am thoroughly confused. I guess I will take protein before I workout, after I workout and whenever I put anything into my mouth. This last time I bought my protein powder I did buy the 55-gallon drum so I must have known this news was coming.
WHO?

I also heard that the MIDDLEwest (very near here) contains Family Circle's #1 family city in these United States. St. Charles, Illinois was selected as the number one family-friendly city in the nation by the magazine. Some of the selection was based on: affordable homes, quality schools, access to health care, green space, low crime rate and financial stability. Unfortunately, I don't think my town even came in the top 1,000,000 based on that criteria.

A couple of film tidbits: the final Harry Potter film Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, Part 2 comes out in a week or so. You already know that I am not a Potterhead (copyright/trademark/patent) but I am sure I will see this film. Remember that theater that Cha Cha and I ran into Corey Feldman at, Hollywood Palms in Naperville, IL, and then later went there with MADYM? Tom Felton, from the film Get Him to the Greek will be there July 23rd signing autographs and taking photos with fans. You know you've made it when you do a cameo in a film playing yourself. Did I forget to mention that he also plays Draco Malfoy, the head of Slytherin House, in the Harry Potter dynasty? So, if you're a Harry Potter fanatic you can buy tickets now and he will also be at their sister theater Hollywood Blvd in Woodridge July 22nd and 24th.

AND - Captain America: First Avenger opens soon. I never thought about it but that's a tough movie to market in the rest of the world since a lot of other countries hate America. In a lot of countries the movie is going to be called simply First Avenger. Trick them into getting into the theater and then drop that plot-twist A-bomb on them. This guy is from America? ANARCHY!!!! At least most of the world agrees that his main enemy, Adolph Hitler, was a true super-villain. The film looks really good. I don't know if I would go to see Captain Italy or Captain Uzbekistan so maybe they wouldn't go see Captain America. I've got nothing against Italy or Uzbekistan but don't think I'd go see those films...First Avenger makes sense.

I have so much more in my notebook but will wait until tomorrow due to my length (cricket, cricket). Thank you for taking the time to be here again; you know it means a lot to me and hopefully you get a something out of it too. The sky is overcasting so I may be doing the ceviche with store-bought produce. Today is "say hi to a prefect stranger day." I just made that up but I bet I say hi to a perfect stranger every single day of my life. It only takes a second and most of the time you can see on their face "how do I know that guy" but they almost always smile and that's worth the price of admission every time. TTTT...MITM (HI! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment