Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Hit it Roz
I am pretty tired this morning. I stayed up very late last night expecting a phone call that I was promised that never came. I am not going to go into it much right now as I am an optimistic person and I am still going to assume that phone call will come and if I throw negative-energy into the situation it may not happen. I probably went into too much about it already and maybe that's part of the problem? One way or another I will have something to say about it in the next few days. Do you suppose I could be any more cryptic? It's not as big a deal as I am making it but it would be pretty cool just the same. Thank you to my friend Sarah for keeping me company while I sat in the waiting room (Kajunkles Studio).
Ring Dagnapit!

It's not even 6:00AM and I am already sweating in the air conditioned house - it's gonna be another scorcher in the MIDDLEwest. I went out very briefly last night at 10:00PM (no, I didn't miss the call because I had my phone with me) and as I hit the outside I felt my blood slightly simmering but that may have been from something rather than the heat (cryptic message number two). I heard that a section of Manheim Road in Chicago buckled yesterday because of the heat. There is a neighborhood garage sale tour that we are going to be part of this weekend and we have a lot of work to do to sell some of our crap (I should be in marketing); I guess waiting for the cool-down is not part of the plan any longer.

I took a pre-employment exam yesterday and I felt it went very well. They mail the results so I will have to wait to see how I did. They will not give the results over the phone (insert your own MITM waiting for the phone to ring joke here). One of the great things about this test is that if you are not pleased with your results you can retake it. The way the test works is once you take it you are ranked based on your results compared to others who are testing for the same position. If I don't get 100% I think I am going to retake it because if I retake it and get a lower score they still keep my higher score; it seems like a no-brainer (no pun intended). I would rather have my good karma tokens used for this rather than the aforementioned non-phone call (cryptic message number three).

Now that I am totally Skype-ready here in Kajunkles Studio I am wondering if it's possible to Skype someone (that doesn't sound right) uhhhh... Skype with someone (sounds more fun) I am wondering if I can be Skyping with the someone with the microphone and be recording for Dirty Laundry Podcast at the same time? It would probably make it easier to get guests from further away if we could do it that way (lemon drop martinis from lemons). It seems like it shouldn't work since I'd be using the same microphone to talk on the call as well as to record the conversation but I am always impressed what our technology can do these days. If it works I am going to call it E-Skyping Reality (patent/trademark/copyright). I just checked our podcast stats and we are ranked #7 in our category (society & culture / philosophy). That's our highest rank so far. Thank you for listening - we're still getting better and we'll figure it out sooner or later and hopefully be #1 one day.
That's for you Stacee!

Speaking of technology, I watched a movie on Netflix (I cannot believe I am still plugging Netflix) called Transcendent Man. It's a documentary about inventor and futurist Ray Kurzweil. This dude has got to be the smartest person in history (or maybe a nut though most of what he has predicted has already come true). It is not a fast-paced film (it is a documentary afterall) but I started watching it as background "music" and soon realized that he is the person I would most like to have on the podcast I think.


I have taken two Tums this morning and I am still having acid reflux. I have a problem with caffeine (so I guess it's good that I have never liked or needed coffee) and I had a Diet Mountain Dew yesterday because I was in the store, thirsty and not in the mood for water. I wonder if that's the issue? But it was so delicious. Should we really be putting something that color into our bodies anyway? I don't do it very often at all but my body is telling me that "even once was too much idiot!" I guess it's the same color as green grapes now that I think of it so maybe it's okay. Body says "it's not okay!"

I have taken enough of your time saying just about nothing today. I felt better saying it though so thank you for the session. If I don't say much about the on-going non-phone call it's because nothing happened and I am letting if fester until we record the podcast this weekend. I may have to hijack Cha Cha's Beef of the Week this week. Thank you, as always, for spending your time here; I really do appreciate it. H ave a great day and stay inside because it's hotter than the devil's arm pits on the fourth of July (I stole that but he deserved it). TTTT...MITM (acid genuflecting out). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment