Friday, July 29, 2011

The Great and Powerful Blog!

Now, that's a blog of a different color!
Oh I love a parade Parades don't seem to be as popular as I thought they were. Tonight (7:00PM) is when Dirty Laundry Podcast will be in the Lincoln Highway Parade in downtown DeKalb. It all started with a dream of a young girl (Cha Cha) and the fact that she'd never been in a parade. Dirty Laundry is about making dreams come true (at least trying) even if those dreams turn into nightmares. There's still PLENTY of room with us to hand out candy at the parade if you have never been in a parade and it's on your bucket list too. What else are you doing tonight?

With the summer movie season in full-swing right now I have discussed my disappointment with movie remakes here lately. I should also talk about some of the movies that I am excited about. Rise of the Planet of the Apes looks good; it does build on the Planet of the Apes films but it is not a remake it is a prequel - I think I like prequels. I also heard that they are going to be making a prequel to The Wizard of Oz. I wonder if that's gonna be Wicked or if that's how Dorothy came to live with Uncle Henry and Aunt Em? Either way it's not just another version of The Wizard of Oz. Maybe it's the one that they talked about several years ago that's supposed to be about how the wizard became the wizard (Oz: The Great and Powerful)? Wasn't Robert Downey Jr. supposed to be the wizard in that one? I bet he's grown too great and powerful (and expensive) to be the wizard now. I bet it will be a commentary on how the city of Oz was in turmoil, much like our country is now, and The Wizard turned things around for them. What a great time to make a film like that. It will be like our Grapes of Wrath I predict.

Yesterday while I was working-out I saw that there are two movies that I recently had to get the dvd's sent to me from Netflix that are now streaming on Netflix. I watched The Fighter again while I worked-out and I saw that The Man Who Knew Too Little was now streaming too. First, before I get into the rant that I know is coming, I love both of these movies and if they are streaming on your Netflix I would watch them both if you haven't seen them. Now comes the rant - Why did I have to get these dvds mailed to me and then a couple of weeks later they are both available for streaming? Netflix must make more money, somehow, by sending the dvd's through the mail. I could understand The Fighter being a coincidence because it is a pretty new film and maybe they wait for awhile before all of the hoopla dies down before they put films on the streaming option. But, The Man who Knew Too Little (starring Bill Murray) is from 1997 so it's not a new film; Fabio is from 1997 too and he's going into high school this year. I am curious if these two movies are streaming at your house too? Do each of our accounts have different streamings vs. dvd's based on our likes and dislikes? If you get time let me know if these two films are streaming at your house - maybe my movie preferences make recommendations for the whole company and I didn't even know it. I guess I should take my movie-watching duties a little more seriously.
Some just call it Matt In The Middle

I can't remember who it was (I think Burger King) is offering mini-burgers now too. Why is everybody offering mini-burgers? I am not complaining because it makes sense but back to non-original ideas. What is it with me and original ideas lately? I need to quit harping on remakes and do-overs and get an original idea too maybe - ironic. Maybe I am actually cheesed about that Jimmy Kimmel Live sketch about Captain Mexico (a rip-off of Dirty Laundry Podcast) more than I thought. Burger King has always blatantly stolen ideas from their competitors; particularly from McDonald's. They've even made fun of that fact in a series of commercials. I suppose it's the sincerest form of flattery to have someone steal from you? Why doesn't McDonald's, probably one of the most powerful companies in the world, do anything about it? Maybe that would just be free publicity for Burger King and then they'd start an ad campaign about how McDonald's is threatened by them? The burger-wars are much tougher and more thought-out than I knew.

I had better get moving. I am donating plasma this morning and I have a lot to do to get ready for this parade that you are going to come be in with us - Illinois Ghost Hunter Willy Adkins and Jay Cole (butterscotch with sprinkles) might be in the parade with us! After the parade we are going to be at Fatty's signing autographs (you call it eating dinner and drinking - I call it signing autographs) if you want to stop by. Our parade-mates MADYM and MisterYM (or, Monsieur as Cha Cha calls him) will be there too. I am in hopes that a couple of our past podcast guests (Jay Cole and Greg Weindorf will be with us also). See you tonight? TTTT...MITM (parading out).

No comments:

Post a Comment