Saturday, July 9, 2011

It's still Saturday and I am doing the weekend edition of Matt In The Middle. Things changed for today since I wrote yesterday. I was able to go to Fabio's basketball games at Boylan High School in Rockford, IL because work was kind enough to allow me to take today off. Since I am not coaching any sports this year I have become the basketball and baseball sucker. The other night I was the official scorekeeper at Fabio's baseball game and today they didn't have anybody to run the basketball scoreboard and I, who has never done it before, ran the basketball scoreboard. I must have done something wrong because Fabio's team lost by one point. It's an awful big rush to fill the whole gym with that buzzer sound.

I am going through some kind of anti-sleep cycle again so I have started to take Benadryl again. Before I figured I was in that state again I awoke in the MIDDLE of the night and watch a little of the Matt (boob) Tube and saw an advertisement for a service called mylife.com. I have not gone to it nor will I but supposedly it is a service that you can log onto to see if anybody is searching for you on the internet for free. If it's free how are they paying for television advertising time? This blog is free and the Dirty Laundry Podcast is free but I plug them in free places like here and on iTunes and on the podcast. See there was a free plug/link right there?

Remember I blogged about how things are so over-packaged now and that is helping to drive up prices? I just got a new tube of toothpaste the other day (CREST) and it is in a cardboard box. Easily open the cardboard box and unscrew the cap and there's the toothpaste. Something you put in your mouth everyday is that easy to get into; that's the way it should be. But, I also bought a bottle of hydrogen peroxide for all of my boo-boos and I needed a tick of dynamite to get to the bubbling goodness.  Let's put an end to the over-packaging and the waste with the plastic and such. I'm tired of everybody making us scared about everything.

You know how we MIDDLERs are starting to get bad memories? I don't think it has anything to do with age. I think it has to do with the way that we don't have to remember anything anymore. Spell-check makes it so I don't have to know how to spell anymore. My cell phone makes it so I don't have to remember anybody's telephone number anymore. Financial institution's websites balance my checkbooks for me. The car tells me when the air pressure in my tires is getting low or when it's time to change the oil or even lets me know that I can go eleven miles on the fuel I have left. It also sets the temperature exactly where I like it so I don't have to remember to roll down the windows. TiVo tells me what I like to watch. Netflix suggests movies for me so I don't have to remember what I like to watch. What was my point again? Nothing tells me that - but you know that every time you're reminded to read my blog aren't you? I may have already blogged this but I cannot remember.
Would look pretty good behind a Dirty laundry microphone


Zac Efron and Dennis Quaid are in town. Yes, my town. Too bad for you Russell Crowe and Hugh Jackman...you missed your chances! Quaid and Efron are filming a movie here -  "A drama centered on an enterprising farmer whose plans cause problems within his family" according to IMDB even though the film doesn't have a title yet. Make sure when you run into Dennis you mention how super-de-duper of a guest host he would be on the podcast. I think Dennis Quaid is great. Breaking Away! Gordo Cooper in The Right Stuff! Stripes - don't believe me? That's why he needs to be on the podcast!!! Who has ever talked to him about his role in Stripes? I don't know much about this Efron fellow but he seems to be quite the craze with the youngsters. Red West is in the film and probably in town too. He was one of Elvis Presley's best friends and a member of The Memphis Mafia - what a great guest he would be too. I think I have to start tracking these people down - what else are they gonna do in this town. I'll make them dinner and let them be on Dirty Laundry. The film is being directed by Ramin Bahrani who Roger Ebert called "the new great American director" in 2009.

I don't think I will be able to blog tomorrow because we tape the show on Sundays and then I edit for uploading. It should be a good one this week since it will be our first show with LIVE MUSIC! Last week our first shows with a real ghost hunter and film star and this week live music by a pod-famous musician. Maybe I'll leave the studio window open in case you want to come and try to catch a glimpse of our Musical Director Eric Solfisburg. I could probably talk him into signing a few autographs if you're nice. But you're always nice aren't you? Enjoy the rest of your Saturnight and Sunday and I'll blog you again Monday. TTTM...MITM (out to stalk celebrities do what I do best). TA!

No comments:

Post a Comment