Thursday, July 21, 2011

I'm Pretty Hot - that's a Given!

looks like it's cooling off
Hit it Roz
Another "excess heat warning" is scheduled here for the MIDDLEwest today. It sure is nice that we can schedule these things and get them all out of the way at one time. It might be nice, however, to save a couple of them for the winter. Wouldn't it be great to wait until we get one of those four feet of snow days to be able to sprinkle an excessively hot day in to melt the snow? I heard on the radio yesterday while I was working in the garage for tomorrow's garage sale (I will call it the sweat box) that the heat index was 114 degrees. The news this morning said we could get upward of 115 again today.

I bet Steve Williams is happier to be out of the heat today. Stevie has been Tiger Woods' caddy for the past twelve years. He is a huge part of why Tiger has been the great golfer that he has been - winning 72 times plus 13 majors during that time. Yesterday Stevie was fired by Tiger. No reason for the firing has been given but Tiger has been injured and Williams has caddied for Adam Scott for the last couple of tournaments. I am sure we'll hear a lot more about this before it's all over; maybe it's just Tiger letting Stevie move on because Tiger knows something that nobody else knows about his future in golf.

We have always heard "what came first the chicken or the egg?" I have wondered lately, "which game first the dragon or the dragonfly?" There have been a lot of dragon fliers around Mattgarita Island recently and maybe they are just baby dragons. That would explain the excessive heat and the hot breezes (dragon's breath). Now we have to deal with dragons too? Ugh.

Thank you everyone for all of the nice wishes concerning my Facebooking about my interview for Jimmy Kimmel Live. It seems that some people think this is for a permanent position with the show. It was actually just a Skype (computer video/camera meeting) meeting just for the opportunity to be part of one sketch. Who knows what could come of it and I am always optimistic. I guess maybe I appreciate the small stuff with too much enthusiasm sometimes. I cannot say much more about it but I should know today or tomorrow if I am Kimmel-worthy. I think the meeting went very well and even if this doesn't come to fruition it probably just lit another fuse for me. It's pretty cool to know one sketch that is coming up before it does though. Of course, I am sure that this is all actually just the first step in me becoming the next member of the Handsome Men's Club (HMC).
Insert my photo here very soon!

Is the NFL gonna happen this season? I would like to know. I have $150 still owed to me from our last season of fantasy football and if we're not gonna play this year I am going to have to demand my cash. I was just going to use the dough for this year's entrance fee but $150 could but a lot of Moscato. I have already changed my name back to the name that won me the Super Bowl three seasons (soon to be four) ago. The last two years I have been the Philadelphia Hellfire Club but this season I plan to go back to the Boston Tea Bag Party. I would be open to other team name suggestions but nothing says fantasy football to me like Tea Bag Party.

I guess I have rambled enough today. I have been dealing the inevitable - walking into the dragon's den sweat box to continue to work on the garage sale. We've got some Richard Simmons VHS tapes if you've been looking for them? We're going to buy a bunch of cases of bottled water
and keep them in the refrigerator in the garage. I will bet you $5000 that we will sell more water than anything else if it's this hot again tomorrow. You'd be a sucker to take that bet because if you did I would just sell them for a penny each just to get your $5000. Try to stay cool today (like staying cool is a challenge for you - ha). TTTT (probably from the sweat box)...MITM (sweating like the oldie that he is).
Challenge to Roz - leave 'em with a song that combines my upcoming class reunion and the weather

No comments:

Post a Comment