Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Blog Free From Your Chains

Happy National Pecan Pie Day! I like pecans but the pie is a little too sweet for me. Maybe if about four or five us want to get together we could share one slice. Am I alone in thinking pecan pie is too sweet? What is that stuff in there? Molasses? Syrup? Corn syrup? All of the above? I must be alone if pecan pie has it's own day. I think I will wait until coconut cream or banana cream pie day until I get excited.

Major League Baseball's all-star game is tonight. I love baseball but I think I have made myself pretty clear about my feelings on all-star games and awards shows. I think award ceremonies and all-star games are okay for kids but when you're getting paid more than the town that you came from is worth maybe you shouldn't need your ego stroked so much anymore. As I have gotten older and our national economy has gotten worse and there are so many causes that could use money it pains me to see all of the excess in this country. Sorry, I am tired this morning because I worked out so late and didn't take my Benadryl.

Maybe from all of the money that is made at the baseball all-star game and homerun derby...they can put together $1.6 million so Carnie Wilson won't lose her house to foreclosure. I don't really know too much about Carnie but she seems nice. Her dad, Brian Wilson, was one of the founding members of The Beach Boys and she is a member of Wilson Phillips who were just in the film Bridesmaids. She had her own talk show. Celebrity Net Worth lists her assets at about $24 million. I don't know where they get their info but write a book or something Carnie. Come visit your dad in St. Charles, Illinois and be on the Dirty Laundry Podcast while you're out this way and we'll start a telethon for you. I really wish I did have the means to help nice people who were in trouble like that. A big heart and a blog and a podcast aren't enough though I'm afraid. I imagine she'll find a way out of her troubles unlike thousands of other people every day.
Count Chocula and Crystal Harris

Maybe Hugh Hefner's great granddaughter former fiance Crystal Harris would be willing to put some of the money she is trying to get for the engagement ring she is selling. She and Hef and not getting married now and she is trying to sell the $90,000 engagement ring. $90,000 would get Carnie well on her way to saving her house. Or, Maybe Carnie could movie into the Playboy Mansion as there seems to be a spare room now. 

As you may or may not know from reading the blog - I have been trying to find a wine that I like. I want to like wine and Cha Cha and I have been to several wine tastings. She likes wine and I want to because it seems romantic and sophisticated and I would like to be those things but maybe I am not. This past weekend I finally found a wine I like and think I will drink from here-on-out. That's not to say that I will not keep tasting wine becasue I will. are you ready for the major wine announcement? The Official wine of Matt In The Middle is Yellow Tail Moscoto from Casella Wines. It's from Australia. If you've listened to our podcast you know I am a big fan of Australia too (even before they became big uploaders of our podcast). The label on the wine even say Matt, "Lil' Sweet Lil' Fizzy." They describe the wine as "zingy tropical fruit with a crisp refreshing finish." Another great thing is that it's inexpensive which also is a lot like me.

I gotta wrap up here because I have an appointment with a vampire in about 45 minutes. Have a great day and  have some pecan pie and wine today. Do pie and wine go together? It's odd how I don't like pecan pie because it's too sweet but I like coconut and banana cream pies and like sweet fruit wines. Maybe it's not the sweetness after all. I liked Walter Payton a great deal. Perhaps it's certain types of sweetness that I don't like. I guess I don't like sickening -sweet things and people because they seem phony. Be real out there today. TTTT...MITM (about to lose some of that hard-to-lose plasma weight) TA!

1 comment:

  1. Pie - sugar & corn syrup, but I use mola cuz corn syrup is evil. Wine - you sound like a Riunite dude. Watch those screw-cap wines like Boon's Farm & stuff. Try a few light German whites... May Wine, Woodruff, etc. Liebfraumilch starts getting a little dry, but it's still good.
    -SHAWN-

    ReplyDelete